Skyrim - Interesting NPCs Mod

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This Interesting NPCs mod for Skyrim has been doing the rounds of a number of major sites, such as Kotaku and PC Gamer, and certainly looks worth a look - particularly if you like voiceovers. The mod adds 100 new characters and 20,000 lines of dialogue with 50 voice actors. From the description on Skyrim Nexus:
Of the 18 followers, 7 are being expanded to include commentary on every quest and location in the game, including bonus conversations during or after major questlines. Currently, these followers, whom I have dubbed "Super Followers" because they fly and wear capes, have approximately 500 lines each, with the ultimate goal of having thousands. However, any follower can be expanded, it simply requires a willing actor.
The size of the mod is over 1GB, and will only get larger. If anyone is interested in constructing smaller, child mods for specific followers or NPCs, you have my approval. Just beware that some NPCs are still expanding, and you will constantly have to add new content as I update.

More information.

Damn, that looks nice. I've been installing mods, but haven't played Skyrim in ages. I haven't even put more into it than about 20 hours, I think!

NPC followers that fly and wear capes? With fan-made voice acting? I'm gonna go ahead and watch that video, but something tells me I'm going to regret it :)

Well, that was much less painful than I expected. I wonder what part of "you're supposed to blow through this game in 20 hours, button mashing like a retard all the way" the fans aren't comprehending, though?

As much as I'd like more interesting NPC's in the game, I'm no fan of listening to a bunch of nerds do "voice acting".

Judging by the video the voice actors are certainly not "a bunch of nerds". I've heard plenty amateur voice acting in various mods and indie games over the years and the stuff that's on display in that video is all surprisingly well acted (and written). Given, that there's 50 different voice actors involved, i doubt the overall quality of the mod is continuously that good, but the stuff here easily rivals even Bethesdas official voice actors. I'd say they are probably at least experienced amateur theatre actors or somesuch. And whoever coordinated the mod, knows their sound stuff. Sound quality stays good throughout and all the actors used at least half decent equipment.
Conclusion: I'll certainly follow (and eventually use) that mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom