The Last Remnant - Wow!

just keep playing. I don't remember much about the game, but I remember being sort of lost too when I started, but then something happened and it all made sense.

I tried the demo and didn't have a clue what was going on, so took Fluent's word for it and bought the game.
That made all the difference as playing through the game itself is the tutorial.
Things are slowly explained bit by bit, now that I have a good working command of much of it I'm having a ton of fun, it's just so different than anything I've played before.

I tried the demo and didn't have a clue what was going on, so took Fluent's word for it and bought the game.
That made all the difference as playing through the game itself is the tutorial.
Things are slowly explained bit by bit, now that I have a good working command of much of it I'm having a ton of fun, it's just so different than anything I've played before.

It really is, and that battle system is just so fun and challenging as you continue to play. I'm also big on the cutscenes, which aren't usually my thing, but they are done well and very enjoyable in this game.

The demo is good as a tech demo but yeah, it drops you in with no clue what's going on. Actually, the first fight in the game does that a bit, too, but it makes it trivial so picking anything should work fine.

The controls definitely are sad on the main menu. The UI is designed for console gamepads though I still liked mouse/keyboard better once I found the setting to switch prompts to keyboard prompts.

(It's really a bit weird what happened with the UI. They did a LOT of work rebalancing the system and working the DLC into the main game. So why skimp on the controls? I mean, come on, a main menu that won't let you use the mouse!? Best guess is that they were expecting to release a PS3 version but never did.)

found the setting to switch prompts to keyboard prompts.
It exists? Where, please, tellme!
I'm seriously thinking on uninstalling the game. Not only controls are dreadful, but seeing gameboy keys as a hint what to press is irritating as hell!

Fluent's "WoW" from the title is completely correct.
It's like "wow, they actually dared to sell this insulting UI to PC gamers?".

More impressions on early game after you answer, I mean, I just can't bring myself to continue playing this phonegamesUI travesty. It's just horrible and I'm no masochist.

EDIT:
A pic so people see what am I talking about:
2gspegn.jpg

These and similar hints pop out here and then. Every single one means me yelling WTF so loud my neighbors finally got an confirmation I'm completely mad.
If this can't be changed, and Zloth says it can, this would be a perfect example of 0/10 or 1/10 game on PC.

Last edited:

When you click on settings from the main screen, right on top of the next screen it says System just move the arrow to the left-right, the choices are keyboard/gamepad/mouse with further settings for each one you highlight.

Just make sure you remember to save the settings at the bottom of the screen with the 'OK' button.

I'm seriously thinking on uninstalling the game. Not only controls are dreadful, but seeing gameboy keys as a hint what to press is irritating as hell!

Fluent's "WoW" from the title is completely correct.
It's like "wow, they actually dared to sell this insulting UI to PC gamers?".

More impressions on early game after you answer, I mean, I just can't bring myself to continue playing this phonegamesUI travesty. It's just horrible and I'm no masochist.

EDIT:
A pic so people see what am I talking about:
2gspegn.jpg

These and similar hints pop out here and then. Every single one means me yelling WTF so loud my neighbors finally got an confirmation I'm completely mad.
If this can't be changed, and Zloth says it can, this would be a perfect example of 0/10 or 1/10 game on PC.
LOL I'm surprised you've even been able to play more than one hour without changing the control setting to mouse+keyboard, it's in the menu settings somewhere.

The very very first hint in my Thinks I Wish I Had Known... guide. And for good reason. I did my whole first play-through and some of my second before somebody pointed it out to me.

Thanks Warmark!

P.S. This game has the most deadly silence spells you'll ever see.

Ahh, well, the game crashes for me when I try to max the graphics settings… not a good start.

Updating Nvidia drivers to latest version solved the issue!

Last edited:
Have you gotten to the Six Bases yet, Fluent?

Have you gotten to the Six Bases yet, Fluent?

No, I don't think so. I'm still stuck at that Gates of Hell battle. I haven't had the urge to play since then (I fought that battle over 10 times), I have to exit that dungeon (for a second time) and find the cities and areas that I missed.

Get to it! Hell hath no fury like a Fluent scorned! ;)

I need some help already ( I am very early in the game like in the first 2 hours) and Lord David gave a "jacket" which is supposed to protect in combat.... but I can't find it in the inventory?

Where did it go ? I guess I would probably need that.

I need some help already ( I am very early in the game like in the first 2 hours) and Lord David gave a "jacket" which is supposed to protect in combat…. but I can't find it in the inventory?

Where did it go ? I guess I would probably need that.

I think that item gets automatically equipped and is invisible in the inventory...

Maybe it is a bug ? because I already had two items equipped but that item did not show up as equipped either....

Maybe it is a bug ? because I already had two items equipped but that item did not show up as equipped either….

It's not a visible category. There is no actual "armor" like chainmail or plate armor or whatever. The jacket gets equipped but it's entirely invisible, other than the subtle change of appearance of your character (and most likely some behind-the-scenes stat changes as well). At least that's what I think, I could be wrong.

I didn't play the game much so can't go spitting spree, you may thank Risen 3 for that. And KB4 which I'll play next. But after that I'll probably return to TLR, nitpick it more and then oppose Fluent's 11/10! :evilgrin:

What GG asked is IMO just another case of horrible dialogue/script in that game. The first idiocy you see already at the game start. You tell to some (can't remember the name) tutorial chick that your sister is abducted and suddenly everyone knows it!

Square Enix. No mediocre stuff from them, it's either brilliant or is dreadful. In TLR, the writing is dreadful. What saves the day so I didn't uninstall it immediately - japanese voiceovers are brilliant!

I didn't play the game much so can't go spitting spree, you may thank Risen 3 for that. And KB4 which I'll play next. But after that I'll probably return to TLR, nitpick it more and then oppose Fluent's 11/10! :evilgrin:

What GG asked is IMO just another case of horrible dialogue/script in that game. The first idiocy you see already at the game start. You tell to some (can't remember the name) tutorial chick that your sister is abducted and suddenly everyone knows it!

Square Enix. No mediocre stuff from them, it's either brilliant or is dreadful. In TLR, the writing is dreadful. What saves the day so I didn't uninstall it immediately - japanese voiceovers are brilliant!

Ahh, well Regarding the tutorial thing.... that actually makes sense, so I wouldn't complain about that... the jacket is a bit fishy though...

Sorry, it doesn't make sense to me. It feels like a logic insulting script from mainstream Hollywood action movies. So called: B movies. :)

Back
Top Bottom