Gothic 3 Flame Sword still for sale. Bug?

Sem

Watchdog
According to the changelog of the 1.08 patch the flame sword shouldn't be for sale anymore.

- You can't buy a flame sword now

But when I checked Thorek's inventory (the orc smith in Montera) he still had the sword for sale for only 1000 Gold.
Is this a bug? Or have more players seen the sword in some trader's inventory?

I still find it all over the place, at the same price with the same damage as before.

Same here, it's way too powerful item to gain at such low levels. I also saw it on multiple merchants after installing the patch 2.

I finally found one for sale in the Royal Palace!!

I've noticed that it doesn't do any fire damage (or at least it doesn't set enemies on fire), so it's just a normal sword that cuts down the performance.

it makes a great torch though, even when on your back

lol the flame sword was very annoying in my opinion. The sounds it made got old pretty fast.

With blacksmithing you can make far better weapons later, but those are so hard to come by you might as well complete the game by then..

Exactly, why bother unless it's a key part of role-playing your character!! As a fighter-mage type, smithing just doesn't fit!!

btw have you used the flame sword spell? Will it grow more powerfull when your acient knowledge increases?

it is, but there is no special power attached to it. There are enough easy-to-gain swords which are stronger. The only to get a Flame Sword with the special ability is to conjure one.

The flame sword doesn't seem to do fire damage, but it does have a much higher damage rating than most other weapons at that stage of the game.

I still enjoyed smithing and using my own broadsword though, just for RP reasons. Shame you can't sell smithed stuff though :(

um, yes you can smell smithed stuff, it is one of the benifits. if you are equiped with something you can't sell it. also if you ever see that a npc has more gold than the item you are trying to sell but the gold balance button doesn't work, it is because there is some amount of gold that they 'hold on to' i guess. to see how much gold they actually have double left click on the gold icon in there inventory. this will tell you exactly how much gold they can part with. and don't worry if they don't have enough gold one day. each day the npc traders aquire more gold, so always check back.

Back
Top Bottom