Gothic 3 Gothic3 - the end?

Morticia

Watcher
I liked this game at the beginning, when the quests were many and interesting, but it is really missing a decent storyline. Yes, this game turned to be a complete frustration for me. I just gave the artifacts to Innos and started liberating the cities, however it gets so boring that I don't want to play it anymore :(

However, I would really like to know what the three ends look like. Can someone tell me this?

The liberation of the cities took about an hour or 2 at most (you only have to liberate the central 7 cities), is it really that boring?

I only did the Innos ending but it was pretty underwhelming so your not really missing out on much. If your a gothic fan you might get a few laughs at the end when it shows summaries of what happens to all the gothic characters in the future (lee, diego etc).

I think you will probably find a full summary on sites like gamefaqs.com.

I didn't have the guts to play the game twice, so I'm afraid I can't help you there - but I'm glad you found your way to this place :).

SPOILER:

Ending, Innos: You give the artifacts to Innos, kill the Chosen of Beliar (Zuben) and the kingdom is saved. According to the ending, King Rhobar II will rule for quite some time, and after that you (the player) will succeed him as the new King of Myrtana.

Ending, Beliar: You give the artifacts to Beliar, and kill the Chosen of Innos (King Rhobar II). After that you also have to kill Xardas, the king of the orcs, and every other orc leader (Beliar is evil and considers all these folks traitors and you the true chosen one). After this, you rule the world.

Ending, Xardas: You destroy all the artifacts, kill the chosen of both Innos and Beliar (Zuben and Rhobar), and gather their scepters. With those scepters you and Xardas open a portal to an unknown world, and go through it. By doing so, you close all contact between the gods (Innos, Adanos and Beliar) and the mortal realms, so the humans and orcs can live without interference from any gods. According to Xardas, this is the only way to permanently stop the war between Beliar and Innos, where countless lives are constantly lost. This is most likely the "true" ending of Gothic 3, and the one the add-on will be built upon (my guess is, the add-on will be in this "unknown world").

Thank you for the help :)

@bjon045: Yes, it is really that boring :( I loved Gothic1 and liked Gothic2. At the beginning I even liked Gothic3 but the more I advanced through the level, the more boring it became to me. I use to be a big fan of the sequence, now I ended hating all parts :/

Love is a strong feeling, which can easily grow into hate (and vice versa). Actually, some philosophers even claim both are the same :D

Seriously, I don't know your ex-wife :S Does she play gothic too? *grin*

My ex-girlfriend certainly didn't, which might just have been a part of the problem, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom