Morrowind - Better with Age

Oh I'll get you back for that. I'm going to necro the I hate Dart thread when you least suspect it..

Oblivion and Skyrim haven't exactly raised the bar. Which is why at some point in the future I'm gonna try to get back into a modded Morrowind.

Time didn't do morrowind any favors.

All time did was allow a ton of really good games to be released so I don't have to play mediocre to poor games from the past.

All time did was allow a ton of really good games to be released so I don't have to play mediocre to poor games from the past.

I guess that depends what you consider a ton and what you consider really good. :)

There certainly hasn't been a lot of open-world RPGs that are heavy on exploration and lore.

I think the exploration for Morrowind is the best. It may be because it was my first open world game, but there are some crazy places and hard to find stuff that hasn't been beat.

Last edited:
I think the exploration for Morrowind is the best. It may be because it was my first open world game, but there are some crazy places and hard to find stuff that hasn't been beat.

It was not my first open world game (nor my first TES), and I still think that Morrowind holds up really well in this regard.

I guess that depends what you consider a ton and what you consider really good. :)

There certainly hasn't been a lot of open-world RPGs that are heavy on exploration and lore.

Of course it does, it is just my opinion after all.:)

The game doesn't need to be like morrowind for me to choose to play it over morrowind. So when I say ton of games that would include any game I'd rather play than morrowind.

Morrowind has aged better than Daggerfall

I don't think so. Dat character creation :)

If one of those Daggerfall projects manages to iron out some bugs and glitches I'd replay Daggerfall 100x before playing Morrowind.

I don't think so. Dat character creation :)

If one of those Daggerfall projects manages to iron out some bugs and glitches I'd replay Daggerfall 100x before playing Morrowind.

I tried to play daggerfall recently. Couldnt stand the horrible graphics and collision mechanics.But Daggerfall is a better game than Morrowind

please help[ while installing Morrowind iam getting this error

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Morrowind.exe
Application Version: 1.6.0.1820
Application Timestamp: 72456542
Fault Module Name: Morrowind.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.6.0.1820
Fault Module Timestamp: 72456542
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 002b1f11
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

are you running MGE? You might need VC2005 or VC2008 if so, can't remember exactly.

are you running MGE? You might need VC2005 or VC2008 if so, can't remember exactly.

No.I installed the original game along with bloodmoon and tribunal and updated game to 1.6 version.It worked perfectly with my previous card.But After upgrading to r9 series,iam getting this error.

No.I installed the original game along with bloodmoon and tribunal and updated game to 1.6 version.It worked perfectly with my previous card.But After upgrading to r9 series,iam getting this error.

You have to install Bloodmoon first, I believe. Look it up. There is a proper order of installation. If you don't have the proper order, the game won't work properly.

P.S. Morrowind is timeless. Mods or no mods, I could revisit that world anytime. Games don't change with age, WE DO. It just takes a little mental shift to revert yourself back to that innocent, childlike gamer that is inside all of us. Try it, it works. =)

You have to install Bloodmoon first, I believe. Look it up. There is a proper order of installation. If you don't have the proper order, the game won't work properly.

P.S. Morrowind is timeless. Mods or no mods, I could revisit that world anytime. Games don't change with age, WE DO. It just takes a little mental shift to revert yourself back to that innocent, childlike gamer that is inside all of us. Try it, it works. =)

I have tried everything.But it is not working.I think Morrowind does not support R9 series.

000000: Program Started
000000: Computer Name: xxxxxxx
000000: Creating Windows
000000: Begin loading of archive header and invalidation of archived files
000000: Finished with header loading and invalidation
000000: Initializing Main
000000: Video adapter: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (8.17.10.1404)

It stops right here.

Back
Top Bottom