Aubrielle's Deeply Personal Conversation

Aubrielle, I am sorry to hear you had such a terrible year and I hope your life continues to improve for you, and blooms into something wonderful. I am glad to see you back here, participating, and writing. Don't let the douchnozzles get you down. Ignore them if they are taking too much of your energy. Continue the good fight if it makes you feel better.

Cheers!

Aubrielle, you and I have had some great chats online and I really appreciate you for being cool and listening to me when I was in a darker place, and I hope I have done the same for you as well at times. :)

I understand it being hard to deal with certain people when you're an empath and sensitive. It's not as easy to shrug things off like so many people seem able to do so easily. I have some personal experience in this stuff. Life is more of a roller coaster of emotions for people like us.

I actually registered at RPGCodex awhile back, and it's almost been a therapeutic thing for me. I got bashed to hell and back when I posted my RPG channel, based on anything you can imagine (my voice, my looks, my actual videos, etc.). But you know what? A few people were interested in my stuff, and I focused on them and basically laughed at the people being nasty to me. In fact, for all the nastiness I endured, I would make sure to post something positive in response. Believe it or not, it probably sounds crazy but it helped me a lot in some ways. After awhile, I looked at the nastiness as sort of endearing, and a few more ppl became interested, gave me props, etc. I ended up gaining like 50+ subs from that site in one day, so I consider it a huge success in terms of ppl interested in my work vs. nasty people. :)

Not that I'm suggesting you join there or anything, but maybe this little insight can help you a bit, coming from a fellow empath and someone who is quite sensitive themselves. It helped me to just laugh at ppl who are nasty to you and turn the nastiness into a positive response. That helped me a lot.

I wish you nothing but the best going forward. If you ever feel like chatting, please seek me out on whatever social media you wish to talk to me on. :D I'm always online anymore, even if I'm often not posting much on this site or others. :) Same offer to anyone else who wishes to chat. Just hit me up. I've spoken to a few really great RPGWatch members already on sites like Steam, etc. You guys and gals rock. :)

If I have not made it clear yet, I am very happy that you are back and that you are feeling better after the crappy year you had. You deserve your fair share of happiness.
I also want to thank you again for volunteering to post news and making me feel a lot less guilty for my erratic presence these last weeks. Together with Silver and HiddenX you are the champs of this site.

Sounds like you've had an annus horribilis. We all have them and when they're in motion it seems like nothing can make you feel better, not words, not friends, family or even chocolate, but when it's over one can take pleasure in understanding that only by knowing the real depths can one one truly appreciate the enjoyment of the relative mundanity of the normal and really take pleasure in the peaks.

So nice to see you back here Aubrielle. You're such a fun gal and I hope you keep that positive outlook to life. :) Though really sad to hear that you had such an awfull year. Too much for anyone. My heart goes to you and I hope this year brings you more happiness.

Your forum posts and other contributions to this site often bring a smile on my face. For instance I really liked that holiday themed article ("Holiday cheer") where you listed games with best snow & winter feeling. Maybe do an other summer themed article? :)

Indeed a horrible year Aubrielle but, judging by your post, I'm happy to say that it looks like you've broken right through to the other side! You sounded optimistic actually :) It's quite a catharsis to able to say "fuck it, I'll not allow this shit to get me down" and mean it. Atta girl!

Glad you decided to come back to the forum Emma. :hug:

I to still remember the discussions we had on the moderator forums & e-mail. So thanks for listening to my personal problems, and lightening my mood when I was news-editor.

So as Fluent suggested we should hold an online chat sometime just to hang out. Also can't wait to read more of your articles, and impression of Black Desert Online.

Right on! So glad you are back and I never thought less of you for taking time off. I apreciate your love for Jrpg's even though I am still warming up to them, you have gifted me a different perspective.
I like the tone of your opening statement, I think being feisty is all you. I wont speak for all but I think most of us love you too. This place got much better when you started contributing. I admit to coming on daily and its become sort of an addiction.

I dont always post because I am still running a full time business but i always lurk. Keep up the great work!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Couch - can I make you a moderator of our little RPG group on Google+ ? Reason being, I keep forgetting to long in for periods of time and for some reason, so many of your posts get labeled as spam constantly! I hate that. :(

So, rather than wait forever for me to log in, and then have approve all these posts, I can make you moderator and you can do the same thing when you log in. Is that cool?

And honestly, this place is a much more fun place to post when Aubrielle is here. Couchpotato, too. Not to take anything away from the rest of you. I enjoy reading pretty much everyone's posts, with a few exceptions that shall not be named. :)

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Couch - can I make you a moderator of our little RPG group on Google+ ? Reason being, I keep forgetting to long in for periods of time and for some reason, so many of your posts get labeled as spam constantly! I hate that.

So, rather than wait forever for me to log in, and then have approve all these posts, I can make you moderator and you can do the same thing when you log in. Is that cool?
I have no problem with being a moderator of the small group Fluent.:)

I have no problem with being a moderator of the small group Fluent.:)

Great! It's done. :) Thanks!!

Just occasionally peek to see if any posts are getting marked as spam. There will be a notification on the top of the group with a large "Moderate" button where you can Approve/Deny posts. I think since you're a moderator now, your own posts won't get marked as spam now, hopefully. :)

Before the thread fades, I just wanted to say thank you all again...so, so much. You remind me why I returned. :heart: Ilu all. For real.

tumblr_inline_mh9n2sGZJb1qz4rgp.gif

I haven't been lurking around as much as I normally do for various reasons myself. But I can say that your name and posts are some of the things I enjoy seeing/reading whenever I do lurk around the watch.

Just like with any community we've had a lot of good (and less so) people come and go, but in this case I'm simply really glad that you are still onboard. :)

Ah, i didnt know you had issues with depression. I wouldnt have pushed you in that political thread if i had known. I am deeply sorry.

I am glad you are still here.

Aubrielle,

Thank you for sharing with the rest of us something so personal about you and your real life. A lot of the time people forget there is a real person on forums, though I do find this place not to be that way.

I always hate it when you disappeared from here as I always enjoy your post here and feel you bring a lot to this site.

All the best in 2016 to you and everyone really, I know 2016 has been a lot better for me and my family then 2015 was.

I'm glad you are getting over your annus horribilis as the Queen would put it. Depression is never easy to get over. Just remember the Doors song :)

"People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange "

Thats the song I used to remind myself when I was depressed that it can affect how I see others and react to what they say. Something to keep in mind. Indeed when I was really depressed peoples criticisms could be quite bruising but then I realised that this was my own mind working against me. Reacting to shadows and making myself paranoid about what people think was never going to get me better.

Glad you're feeling better and thanks for sharing.

pibbur who, quoting a certain feline in a certain 100 acre forest, thinks that the wonderful thing about Aubrielles is Aubrielles are wonderful things

Aubrielle, i don't write very often but i just wanted to let you know you have my deepest respect for sharing!

Post like these is why i keep coming back to the watch!

Hope all your troubles are behind you and welcome back to the watch. You are a good writer and hope to read more of your articles in here. :)

Back
Top Bottom