Icy - A post apocalyptic Ice Age RPG

Congratulations on launching your Indiegogo Campaign OwNathan. I made a new news-bits on our front-page with the information you sent me.:celebrate:
I saw that and I wanted to thank you via email, but I guess I'll be doing it right here and right now. Thank you again for believing in our project, even if the lead designer is a guy who summons pizza and pasta each time he speaks in english.

Oh, nice.
Well, thank you for helping us, it's really important since Icy is quite a niche game and we appreciate any kind of help. And you won a free beer for the next time you'll be hanging around Rome!

No problem. Your game looks fantastic. Btw, you should contact Indierpgs.com The website admin (who is an indie RPG developer himself) will be very likely to do a post about Icy there.

Can I ask, though, why such a small amount for the IndieGogo? I also work in a small team (in a very different field) and $2500 would not keep the salaries paid and the lights on for very long. Even the heating bill, to prevent an icy doom in the office, would soon go through that! ;)

I checked the indiegogo campaign page, and maybe I missed it, but couldn't find anything about how actual combat works, is it also dialogue based or is there an actual combat engine? and if there is, how will it work?

Can I ask, though, why such a small amount for the IndieGogo? I also work in a small team (in a very different field) and $2500 would not keep the salaries paid and the lights on for very long. Even the heating bill, to prevent an icy doom in the office, would soon go through that! ;)
They're in Italy where wine is really cheap so that saves a lot of money :)

Good luck. I haven't bee following the project, but it looks interesting.

I've pledged five bucks, but might up it if it looks like you need a bit more to succeed or if I see some interesting updates.
Thank you!
No problem. Your game looks fantastic. Btw, you should contact Indierpgs.com The website admin (who is an indie RPG developer himself) will be very likely to do a post about Icy there.
I'll do that!
Office? Heating? Lights? Salaries?
2500 dollars will be enough to cover the last expenses we need to fully develop Icy, this time we asked only for the last few money we needed to complete our job.
I checked the indiegogo campaign page, and maybe I missed it, but couldn't find anything about how actual combat works, is it also dialogue based or is there an actual combat engine? and if there is, how will it work?
It's similar to the scavenging or hunting phase. It's hard to explain in a few words, but as soon as it will be perfectly working we'll explain it in an update

They're in Italy where wine is really cheap so that saves a lot of money :)
What we save in wine, we spend in taxes. And I don't even drink that much wine!

Looks interesting so funded!
Thank you!

I like the humor in your video / updates. I know this game will (and should) have a very serious tone, but I'm curious if you will incorporate any dark humor into it. While over-the-top humor, fourth wall breaking, etc. would be really immersion breaking, I think some amount of subtle dark humor from (i.e., a character with a sick sense of humor) could be a great addition.

I like the humor in your video / updates. I know this game will (and should) have a very serious tone, but I'm curious if you will incorporate any dark humor into it. While over-the-top humor, fourth wall breaking, etc. would be really immersion breaking, I think some amount of subtle dark humor from (i.e., a character with a sick sense of humor) could be a great addition.
Well, of course the game will be serious, we just like to be idiots while doing all the marketing related stuff.
About the game, you will have the ol' Jerome in your party and he's quite a funny guy. There will be also another companion, but his humour will result inappropriate sometimes, leading to some little discussions inside the party

Well, one bit of good news on being on Indiegogo vs. Kickstarter, is that KS went down today (currently down for over an hour).

I created a profile for Icy on Giantbomb. I will add more to it when I have some time, but anyone with an account can edit the page. I have one pending on Neoseeker, too.

Last edited:
Well, one bit of good news on being on Indiegogo vs. Kickstarter, is that KS went down today (currently down for over an hour).
I just noticed that myself as I was going to look at two new projects. It took me ten minutes to finally load a page then I got an error about a bad connection.

So either the servers crashed, or the site is being DDOSed. :-/

Update: The kickstarter website is now back up.
I created a profile for Icy on Giantbomb. I will add more to it when I have some time, but anyone with an account can edit the page. I have one pending on Neoseeker, too.
Thanks for spreading the word as the game is already half funded in two days.
And the first update is out: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg/x/1627779#activity

Just some FAQs, but we're preparing some more juicy updates for the future, we just need the time to do the videos.
I'll make a news-bit later tonight to bring more attention to the game.

Last edited:
Seems to going very well, but considering it's Indiegogo, I'm going to be a bit anxious until their goal is met. This is my first time backing a game on IG, but I assume they slow down in the middle as much as they do on Kickstarter. After Shadowrun HK I don't have lots of money to spare, so rather than raising my pledge I'm going to do everything I can to recruit more backers.

Seems to going very well, but considering it's Indiegogo, I'm going to be a bit anxious until their goal is met. This is my first time backing a game on IG, but I assume they slow down in the middle as much as they do on Kickstarter. After Shadowrun HK I don't have lots of money to spare, so rather than raising my pledge I'm going to do everything I can to recruit more backers.

I think they'll be fine. They are likely to get over 3k. Maybe even 4k.
They're almost at their goal already and it's only been 3 or 4 days.

Just one thing… Is it within indiegogo's rules to have family members of campaign creators fund the project ?

4kur8o.png

Just one thing… Is it within indiegogo's rules to have family members of campaign creators fund the project ?

4kur8o.png
It should be fine, he's my uncle and I was actually quite surprised when I saw such amount of money. We can't back our project by ourselves, but there are no limits for family member.

I think they'll be fine. They are likely to get over 3k. Maybe even 4k.
They're almost at their goal already and it's only been 3 or 4 days.
Yeah, if things keep running like this we'll start talking of stretch goals, since we can easily improve some aspects of the game with some more money at our disposal.

I'll make a news-bit later tonight to bring more attention to the game.
<3

It should be fine, he's my uncle and I was actually quite surprised when I saw such amount of money. We can't back our project by ourselves, but there are no limits for family member.

Yeah, if things keep running like this we'll start talking of stretch goals, since we can easily improve some aspects of the game with some more money at our disposal.

<3

You should tell your uncle he gets a better reward at $250 :D

You should tell your uncle he gets a better reward at $250 :D
XD

Better leave it for the incredible mysterious guy that will allow us to go from 2250 to 2500 in a second!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom