Diablo 2 - Unofficial Resolution Patch

I'm playing D2 again for some reason, and playing in an 800X600 window on my 1920X1200 monitor is a little painful BUT sadly I'm all about playing on the ladder, and I assume this either won't work or would get you banned.

Too bad Blizzard won't release one more patch which adds more resolutions. D2 in singleplayer is boring and I'd love to see resolution fix on battle.net.

I wished for this for the longest time, but now it may be too late in my case. I've played D2 once too many, and I doubt I can work up the will to test this - but it IS tempting :)

I used to wish for them to re-render all their 3D art in high color, because I think the game would be pretty damn good looking in high res, high color. This would, of course, mean some significant changes in the code - but I wonder if it's feasible.

"2D" art can still look great, and it's unfortunate that it's been completely forgotten these days.

i wonder if there is a similar patch for Starcraft as well? a friend plays the game quite often and it would be make him happy to be able to make full use of his widescreen.

Too bad Blizzard won't release one more patch which adds more resolutions. D2 in singleplayer is boring and I'd love to see resolution fix on battle.net.
Blizzard, god bless them is getting ready to release yet another D2 patch and reset the ladder. But there's never going to be a DII resolution patch from Blizzard. It's a 2-D game, so the only options for supporting higher resolutions are 1) redo the graphics for the entire game, or 2) let the player see far further than the monsters. And it would be very hard to balance that, since suddenly your resolution would translate into an advantage over other players who are still playing old school low rez. The game would be a whole lot easier if you could see them mobs before they could see you. And of course, lots of the people who still play are into dueling, so unbalancing that by basing sight range on resolution would also spark RAGE!

Seems kind of redundant at this point.

What I would really like to see is a patch that gives you the option of adjusting the monster respawning in single-player. I'd like an option to not have the bosses respawn.

I'd like an option to not have the bosses respawn.
I can't imagine too many people making this request. But lucky for you, none of the bosses in Diablo II seek you out in any way. Each Act boss is in a specific place, way down at the end of a dungeon, so avoiding them once you've killed them the first time (to advance) is the simplest thing in the world, even if you want to otherwise clear the rest of their dungeons out (completely to the last monster, in the case of Diablo, Baal, and Duriel). Just don't fight them again if you don't want to.

It's no big deal, I haven't played D2 in years, and will probably never play it again. I just found it to be quite immersion breaking to have bosses magically respawn with no explanation.

Back
Top Bottom