Middle-Earth Shadow of Mordor Gameplay

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here's a new trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

I also have a link to an IGN preview that was sent in. Thank you sakichop.;)

Link- http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/orcs-are-no-longer-the-scariest-thing-in-mordor

This seems interesting also. DSO Gaming has news were the Assassin’s Creed 2 Lead Accuses Warner Bros & Monolith of using their Code & Assets.

Link- http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assas...-for-using-their-code-assets-in-middle-earth/

Now I just have one question do you guys want the game covered on the main page? It looks like an Open world Action game.

Last edited:
I found it very interesting.

Batman type combat in the Lotr setting. What's not to like about that? Admittedly though I'm not a Lotr purist. They do say they will make the lore tie together however.

Also the nemesis feature where if you wound a monster and it happens to escape it will possibly return later with a score to settle. Sounds like a cool feature I haven't seen before and if the pull it off could be pretty amazing.

That's what I got too:

Batman combat + Assassin's Creed movement + some weird possession/control game mechanic + Lord of the Rings = looks like it could be pretty fun.

They didn't really cover any kind of character/skills development though. That and equipment choices seem like the only rpg-ish things this game might have. And I kinda doubt it will have either of those...still looks pretty fun though.

yep, I'm hoping for some character development and skills though, even Batman had some.

No interest in this one, I'm surprised but maybe I shouldn't be.

Well, I thought it was cool and will definitely be following it.

I don't like the Batman type combat - it is essentially a type of QTE with button mashing and requires no skill. Mechanics looks like that of Assassins Creed, and there are plenty of those.

The only difference is the setting of course.

It is a Monolith game, but I don't think it's the same Monolith as before.

With Dark Souls 2 and Witcher 3 coming this year (and Castlevania 2), I have no interest in this game.

I don't like the Batman type combat - it is essentially a type of QTE with button mashing and requires no skill. Mechanics looks like that of Assassins Creed, and there are plenty of those.

The only difference is the setting of course.

It is a Monolith game, but I don't think it's the same Monolith as before.

With Dark Souls 2 and Witcher 3 coming this year (and Castlevania 2), I have no interest in this game.

I'm most interested in the nemesis system they showed in the video. I assume people rant watching the video or I'm the only on rim pressed by it.

As I said before I can't remember anything like that in any game I've played before.

I've played every batman game and while there are some QTE's the combat is not based on that it's more rhythm based and does require some skill. Not dark souls skill though.

Haha, that's identical to AC. I recently played AC4, and there's simply no mistaking the animations. It's not just similar, it has to be based on the same engine. They probably just bought the rights to use it from Ubisoft.

Haha, that's identical to AC. I recently played AC4, and there's simply no mistaking the animations. It's not just similar, it has to be based on the same engine. They probably just bought the rights to use it from Ubisoft.

Gotta agree with that, it looked exactly like AC4 with a different skin.

More than that, though, it looked extremely anti-Tolkien.

Mis-reading : "Shadow Of Mordor Company", is it a new firm to exploit countries in Middleearth ? ;)

This could lead tpo an "Shadow Of Mordor Company, Sauron & Sons", if not stopped … ;)

"Shadow Of Sauron Company, we do all your darkest desires !"

I also felt like I was watching AC. Would be completely sold on this some years ago but both the LotR excitement and the novelty of this sort of gameplay wore off. Unless it's strong RPG-wise or story-wise I think I'll pass.

Back
Top Bottom