D&D Online Free to Play

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch
I think it's time to revisit this game. It is fun and very playable (and free to play). Since it just turned into F2P there should be plenty of people to play with in the lower levels, something that is rare to see in a 2/3 year-old MMO. Will the F2P attract the 12 year old kids? who knows, but for now it's playing quite well.

Yeah, I've been involved with the beta and it's not too bad; plenty of possibilities here!!

I continue to avoid this ... but will eventually try it again as I did with a free trial long ago.

How have we deserved this ? :S

How have we deserved this ? :S
Blame it on the British, they taxed us too much, and now the whole Europe must pay the consequences!

Oooo, who wants to party with me?

Seriously what does this mean? Free download + no subscription?
Free everything! Well, not everything. Some races (warforge and drow) and classes (monk and favored soul) can be acquired by $, or with in-game acquired points but I guess they're betting many people will rather pay $4 than grind points (still the option is there if you really don't want to pay).
Also some good adventure sets are purchased too. There are other restrictions like 2 character slots (want more, pay). Bank slots, etc.

Ah, the microtransaction theory of how to make money in MMOs. I wonder how it is working out for them?

They don't know yet, the switch to microtransaction is still in (almost open) beta. I think it all goes live the August 4th for subscribers and August 6th to free-to-play(ers).

Back
Top Bottom