Original Sin - New Patch, T-shirts & Boxes

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Larian released a new update on the games kickstarter page with information about a new patch, and talk about physical boxes finally coming to US retailers.

A new patch

We just released a big update for Divinity:Original Sin that includes over a 150 fixes. The full changelist is too big to list here, but you can find all the details on our forums. This update should fix a lot of the smaller lingering bugs and also address a number of balancing issues.

Physical boxes coming to US retail!

That’s right! To the surprise of everybody at Larian we’ll actually have boxes of Divinity:Original Sin in stores in the US during the X-mas holidays.

It turns out that we misjudged the market and that there was quite some demand.

We’ll let you know the exact release details and which chains are participating once we received all the confirmations.

Further Development

Development is continuing with things like the Linux version and the hardcore mode still on our lists, but as we want to do this thoroughly, it will still take some time before we’re ready.

The Linux version especially suffered an extra delay as a result of our porting team having to fix a number of compatibility issues that popped up with the release of Yosemite. Whereas we initially hoped to get the Linux version done this year, it looks like it’ll be the beginning of next year now.

We know that’ll disappoint a few among you but bear in mind that we’re doing a real port just like we did with the Mac version.
More information.

I always enjoy the new updates from Larian. A few other kickstater games could learn a few things from them. Bravo for the physical boxes in the US.:clap:

I will buy a couple of them for X-Mas presents this year.

Glad to hear about the boxed copies. Would be nice if any expansions or dlc would also get a boxed copy. I hate this trend of no physical copies plus online authentication DRM (aka Steam).

Steam controls your entire collection at their whim.

I still have to start a second playthrough. Maybe I'll leave it for the holidays.
I have it on Steam but a local shop has the boxed version. My budget is tight but damn, I want it.

We need an expansion. A new story. More monsters and battles. An 'infinite' dungeon. Now.

Glad to hear about the boxed copies. Would be nice if any expansions or dlc would also get a boxed copy. I hate this trend of no physical copies plus online authentication DRM (aka Steam).

Steam controls your entire collection at their whim.

I used to not care that Steam was God of my collection. But I just got an email from Gamefly telling me that they are getting sold and Re-Launching as Direct2drive. That was the place I HAD my games before they disappeared when they changed to Gamefly. The odds are low but I sometimes worry Steam will suffer a similar fate.

How's about our MUSIC?

Playing this cooperatively with my brother and it's great. My only real problem with it, so far, is the crappy camera/map controls and the UI - especially when trying to backstab enemies, which is REALLY poorly handled. I've tried looking for a mod that might help here, but haven't found anything.

But that's pretty minor and the game is amazingly flexible and interactive, and it's the perfect cooperative experience.

Yep, I'm looking forward to play it with a buddy. It'll be great for sure.

In my current SP playthough what I'm missing most is immersion. D:OS is simply not thekind of game to delve into a story or your character(s). The game has other strengths.

Yep, I'm looking forward to play it with a buddy. It'll be great for sure.

In my current SP playthough what I'm missing most is immersion. D:OS is simply not thekind of game to delve into a story or your character(s). The game has other strengths.

I agree and I don't think I would enjoy it quite as much in singleplayer. It lacks a certain drive and motivation to go on, beyond the mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom