Baldur's Gate 2: EE - Media Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Beamdog announces that more concept art, screenshots, and three new music samples have been released on the games webpage.

New Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Character Artwork, Screenshots, and Music Now Available

EDMONTON, ALBERTA - Prior to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition’s release on November 15th, Beamdog announces concept art for new playable NPC “Hexxat”, as well as 12 new screenshots and three new music samples from the game, have been released on www.BaldursGateII.com/media.html

The original Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn, launched in September 2000, quickly becoming the most celebrated Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying video game of its time. On November 15th, 2013, gamers new and old can experience the epic continuation and conclusion of the Bhaalspawn Saga, with full HD resolution support and area art remastered from the original renders.

Set in Wizards of the Coast’s iconic Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the adventures Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. In addition to improved graphics and gameplay, the Enhanced Edition bundles four new allies, including Hexxat, for your party, each with their own unique quest storylines. Also bundled in the Enhanced Edition: The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay, an arena challenge that puts players’ tactical skills to the ultimate test.

Visit www.BaldursGateII.com for more information.
More information.

Last edited:
Couldn't even play the first one on account of having an extremely crappy sound card :(

Hopefully finish patching BGEE. :)
Yes I wonder were that miracle patch they promised disappeared to. It's been how many months now?

Yes I wonder were that miracle patch they promised disappeared to. It's been how many months now?

Dunno about how long it was promised, but I just checked the Beamdog forums and they are talking about releasing it "tomorrow" (as in October 31st/November 1st depending where you live on Earth). But only if everything goes smoothly (aka testers think it's ready to release it).

Dunno about how long it was promised, but I just checked the Beamdog forums and they are talking about releasing it "tomorrow" (as in October 31st/November 1st depending where you live on Earth). But only if everything goes smoothly (aka testers think it's ready to release it).
Thanks for the info. That patch was promised before Atari put a stop to development. Trent Oster's own words back in June was that it was ready. He lied apparently.

Uhm what patch for the first BG? I played it to finish like 8 months ago with no issues that I can recall.
Your lucky then.I keep running into a few game stopping bugs.;)

I see at least a couple of new recruited character portraits in there that I don't recognize: a slightly violet orc-looking male and a raven-haired woman. (I guess the former could be an improved portrait for Dorn Il-khan?) The level artwork looks good; compared to the original, it'll be a different experience for me playing at that level of resolution since I'll be able to see all of the traversable area at once.

Thanks for the info. That patch was promised before Atari put a stop to development. Trent. Oster's own words back in June was that it was ready. He lied apparently.

The patch is massive, they say. It's been in open beta since the dispute finished, I think, so it was probably "nearly" ready. Lots of people have been playing through it since and testing it, it's been in open beta for ages, hence the ongoing delay. I'm pleased to hear it's out tomorrow… Hopefully it will fix my vanishing feedback circles :)

Wow. That patch sounds massive. Will Steam automatically update or do I need to download this separately?

Wow. That patch sounds massive. Will Steam automatically update or do I need to download this separately?

Steam will get the patch eventually (Beamdog has to give it to Atari, who gives it to Steam).

Been waiting for a while for the patch to be released. Given how big it is I wonder its worth waiting a week more for a .01 release.

I just started playing it again, with the new patch. I haven't noticed any issues so far, but I refuse to believe the patch doesn't have any new bugs in it - it's just too massive to be flawless.

So yes, people who are patient might as well wait a week or two, but if the minor tweaks aren't done by then, they won't be done any time soon as BG2: EE will probably be their main focus after November 15th.

Steam will get the patch eventually (Beamdog has to give it to Atari, who gives it to Steam).
I'll be surprised if it does because Trent stated that the Steam release wouldn't be supported. He wanted everyone to buy it on Beamdog.

I find it highly unlikely that they would just ignore the Steam version. The negative publicity would hurt them in the long run.

I find it highly unlikely that they would just ignore the Steam version. The negative publicity would hurt them in the long run.

My thoughts, too. There would be a LOT of upset customers if that happened.

Back
Top Bottom