Torment: Tides of Numenera - Will be released in 2016 @ PC Gamer

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Torment needs some more time to be finished:

Torment: Tides of Numenera, the RPG from Wasteland 2 developers inXile, is now expected to release next year. That's according to an update from project lead Chris Keenan on the Tides of Numenera blog, where he explains that the team is taking extra time to "maintain the quality standard we've set for ourselves."

"We can’t rush through these final stages to get it out the door. Instead, we’re going to take the time we need on Torment: Tides of Numenera, which means we are planning a 2016 release."

inXile is now working towards a beta release, and it sounds like there's a lot still to do. Keenan says "the level art is largely done, and we’re making good progress on the general game systems, level design and UI elements." [...]
More information.

i dont know who was expecting the game this year, they didnt even reached beta

Loss of lead designer and now this delay. Not good news.
Saunders was Project Director, not Design Lead. That's Adam Heine.

Never thought it would release this year.

The estimated delivery date on the Kickstarter page was December 2014, so yeah they're a little late to the party.

Oh it's just as well... Between D:OS-EE, W2-DC and with Fallout 4 just around the corner, my calendar is booked for the next 6 months. I'm really looking forward to it though. If Torment is even half as good as the first one, it will be hard to beat for best RPG of 2016.

Back
Top Bottom