Goozex comes to the EU!

txa1265

SasqWatch
I have talked loads about the excellent game-trading site Goozex, which until now has only been available to the US and Canada. (oh, I still encourage everyone from the US & Canada to join up!)

Now open is Goozex.EU! If you are in the EU, check it out and see if it is right for you!

Low cost games?

It is essentially a match-making site for trading games. For example this past week I've sent off ~5 DS games and earned 'points', and used a few of those to get another copy of Dungeon Siege and also a PSP game. It isn't direct trading, so there is no haggling, etc. You trade for points and use those to 'buy' games. All 'used'.

I doubt there will ever be one for Australia; we're too small a market.

I doubt there will ever be one for Australia; we're too small a market.

I think that entirely depends on how things work with the EU - one of our bigger traders was in NZ this summer and apparently got loads of interest among friends, who have been lobbying the Goozex owners. So while I have known they've been working the EU thing for a while, I think it will take a while again to see how it goes before expanding further.

As for small markets ... they have Bermuda ;)

I doubt Goozex will come to Germany. Censorship Law for protection of minors forbids sending games rated higher than "16" via mail. Games without a rating by the German USK are considered "unrated" and thus treated as "18".

I don't really know how Goozex is considered - *they* don't ever send games, it is from person to person in a non-commercial trade.

The things I posted are not limited to commercial shipping. You are not allowed to send games over 16 per snail mail because you cannot ensure the package is not opened by a minor. The only exception is if you find a 100% reliable way to identify the recipient. This can be done but it costs money and effort, which is a bit counter-productive in this context.

Thanks for the info - I've forwarded it along.

Back
Top Bottom