Original Sin - Enhanced Edition Announced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Larian Studios just announced that an Enhanced Edition of Divinity Original Sin is coming our way for PS4, X box One, PC, Mac, Linux and SteamOS.

This isn't just some patch or minor content update to the game you all know and (hopefully) love; it's a whole new experience! With controller support, local co-op with split screen, fully voiced characters, a totally reworked story (with a brand new ending), and much more, we're very proud to finally be able to share what we've crafted here at Larian.

In the update video below, Swen reveals a little more about the fantastic new features you can look forward to in Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition.

As well as local co-op, split screen and controller support, the Enhanced Edition also features:

• All characters are now fully voiced by AAA-voice actors
  • New quests, new characters, and new content
  • Entirely new gameplay modes and character builds
  • A heavily rewritten story with a brand new ending
  • Massively reworked visuals and sound effects
  • And much more to be announced in the coming months!
The Enhanced Edition will be free to all who already own Original Sin. Note however that the Enhanced Edition is a different game. It is not an update. The story has been rewritten heavily, which results in save games not being transferable between the two games.

More information.

Last edited:
I found D:OS to be a mediocre affair, but I have high hopes for a (probably) more action focused game with couch co-op. In fact I've waited for something like Dark Alliance for a long time.

Might just be the reason to buy a PS4.

EE is always great news!
Thank god it's planned for the end of this year, I dunno when would I get time for it.

I can't find my post, but I disliked the music arrangements, OP crafting and lack of handplaced loot. This didn't took away much from experience, I just didn't craft and stopped caring what drops out from chests. If EE addresses these things, I'll have to up my old score, and there is only one number above 9/10. :)

It is also one of the three RPGs they are working on at this moment.

Awesome. I hope they tone down the silliness. Too many jokes spoiled immersion for me.

Excellent news - loved Original Sin, another classic from this 'New Golden Age of RPG'. :)

PS4, X box One, PC, Max, Linux and SteamOS

What is Max? :)

Anyway this means that I won't start OS till this is released. Any word of release date?

Awesome. I hope they tone down the silliness. Too many jokes spoiled immersion for me.
Guess where my 9/10 came from. I want more of the sillyness! :D
What is Max? :)

Anyway this means that I won't start OS till this is released. Any word of release date?
Max is IMO iPhone, iPad, iPod and other iWhatnot. :p

There is no date, just the plan - end of this year.

It wasn't bad.
Lacked of thrills though.

So both WL2 and D:OS are giving free EE versions to those that own the game while PoE will be selling expansions and fixing the game through that :D

RPS has a nice piece on this.

RPS: The fact that you can do this for free for PC owners presumably has something to do with how successful the game has been in its original form?

Vincke: Yeah, we’re nearly at a million players now. There were a lot of publishers that wanted to pay for the console version, which helps. But it’s a straightforward decision to give it away for free. We could have charged, given all that we’ve done, made it a DLC or something, but you know my stance on DLC. I’m not really crazy about that.

All hail Swen!

you know my stance on DLC. I’m not really crazy about that.
If only there were more people like him out there, the world would be a better place.

I just want to see how D:OS inventory will look on consoles.

I think POE was a much more put together game when it was releases vs D:OS. So the expansions are OK in my book. This release for D:OS seems more like a giant fix than any kind of GOTY edition. Why they did not make some of these changes during the patching process is beyond me.

Now that I have a new high end gaming laptop, am looking forward to playing the enhanced version of this game as well as the Wasteland 2 updated version.

Well that is the difference between these small companies (xile, obsidian, larian, ... and many others) and the big (public) corportation (ea, ubi, ...). I guess some of it has to do with public/private but a chunk of it has to do with attitude. I mean people are more forgiving if you share the love afterwards. Divinity:OS could have been a diaster but Larian's attitude helped smooth things over in a big way. Anyways I hope they do another kickstarter (as well as obsidian) (we already know xile will have one in a few weeks (or is it a few months) for bards tale 2).

Back
Top Bottom