Venetica - German Version Gone Gold!

I'd be very surprised if a yet-to-be-revealed publisher got the game out so quickly. That would mean close to zero effort for pre-release marketing, such as English previews. Clearly this won't be a big release but some little effort might garner a handful more sales.

I'll bet it's not until next year.

Nah it'll be fine.
If they was to announce the Publisher Early September.
Make the Release date mid-late October.
They'll have to be very pushy with previews to get them out.

I really don't see why they didn't announce this & Divinity 2's Publisher at GamesCom.
Its quite stupid tbh.

I still think not - let's see who is right. ;) Likewise, the publisher for Divinity II hasn't been announced because the contract isn't final (in my opinion). Even behind closed doors they aren't talking about it and in my opinion, that only means one thing. It's not final.

I know this is kinda Off Topic.

I really do wonder why organising a Publisher for Divinity 2 takes so long.
They should have got one before the german game was finished, so to get ready for the English Release.
It seems like they've left it to the last minute, which is a very bad buisness move.
Then again the deal could of fell through.

Just my opinion on things.
That is all ;)

Last edited:
Easy to explain. dtp thinks the rights for a country have a certain value. If they can't find a local publisher who agrees to negotiate on this basis - because the PC is dead and Venetica has no brand value, etc. - , they either have to lower their price or wait for the game to prove itself on its local market. Obviously dtp prefers the second route, because it could even offer them a chance to justify higher prices or decide to seek only distribution in certain markets.

It's clear Divinity 2 will come out everywhere sooner or later. Such an expensive production cannot break even only on the German market. Venetica on the other hand could be cheap enough to earn money in Germany alone. Deck 13 is well known for their efficiency, and they've built the game on existing technology.
Things will be easier for Drakensang 2. Every pubisher has the numbers and review scores for the first game.

Back
Top Bottom