Dragon Age - Going on Tour

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Just the thing to (potentially) counter the vibes from the E3 presentation, Worthplaying has news that Dragon Age will tour the upcoming conventions and attendees will be able to get some hands-on time:
Dragon Age: Origins represents BioWare’s return to its roots, delivering a fusion of elements from existing fantasy works with emotionally-driven narrative, heart-pounding combat, powerful magic abilities and credible digital actors. Dragon Age: Origins will be playable at the San Diego Comic-Con, GamesCom, Gen Con, Fan Expo Canada and PAX over the course of summer 2009.
More information.

Dragon Age: Origins will be playable at the San Diego Comic-Con, GamesCom, Gen Con, Fan Expo Canada and PAX over the course of summer 2009.

Whereas Risen, Sacred & Drakensang were only playable on European conventions ... At least as far as I know ...

The borders still exist ...

I've been panning the game on and off as info about it has been released. I think the criticism and dread is justified based on what's been seen. Hopefully now the fans will have a say about combat at least (which is important to me), and hopefully what they'll say is FANTASTIC!

I want the game to be good, but a person can only make preemptive, ill-informed judgments based on what he knows.

Okay, on that point you're right ... I first thought this would be "just another american expo I haven't learned about yet", so it's clear I have my own prejudices, too. ;)

Okay, on that point you're right ... I first thought this would be "just another american expo I haven't learned about yet", so it's clear I have my own prejudices, too. ;)

Or it could possibly be that amertican companies cannot afford to go to europe as much as you would like and vice versa for european companies....

No, Alrik has his own prejudices. He looks at this angle for almost every newsbit and although he values the cultural differences in Europe, English speakers all get lumped together, such as American and Australian and a bunch of others.

This may be somewhat off topic but I thought it was a good moment to mention it.. If Alrik has a tendency to do that he certainly isn't the only one :p. French is my main and native language, I'm a French Canadian and not from France. Yet whenever I talk with Americans they (very often anyway) just lump us french Canadians with people France... It's akin to saying all english speakers, Aussies, British, Americans and others are the same heh.

A lot of people tend to do that ;).

Hey, I voted at the Larian's forum for a Collector's Edition of Divinity II for Belgium ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom