Dragon Age - Sys Reqs

On the other hand you can see what the game beholds and then know that the recommended specs will do good. The game just hasn't any cool graphics and from what I've seen in the 'fighting the dragon' video, it looks like it has a terrible gameplay too. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see this game as an epic RPG, but from what I've seen so far it just isn't.

it's certainly bound to fit into the try before you buy category.

and yes, graphics are far from important in a rpg that's well conceived but look at nwn2 (+ motb +soz), it's sheer awesomness yet the engine is so demanding and has never been polished, and never will, despite the claims and attempts.

we'll see - or look elsewhere if it's bad.
________
Vaporizers Not Made In China

Last edited:
I roll my eyes at some of these posts...this thread is about the specs but yet the game comes up as looking like crap and totally uninteresting....being controversial for the win.

Could be. OTOH it's not really BioWare's usual idiom; until now they've mostly animated stuff in-engine.
That's true of recent Bioware games, but earlier ones had a lot of pre-rendering. I think they've got to the point they can use their in game engine for pre-rendering, so it's just turned up to the max and recorded along with some post processing. It costs disk space, but you get a 100% reproducable experience with consitant quality no matter the hardware.

I roll my eyes at some of these posts...this thread is about the specs but yet the game comes up as looking like crap and totally uninteresting....being controversial for the win.
I don't understand what you're saying. I think there's only one post in this thread that mentions anything about gameplay, the rest are completely on topic about the specs - I don't get where you get anything about the game looking crap/uninteresting/controversial for the win in this thread.

That's true of recent Bioware games, but earlier ones had a lot of pre-rendering. I think they've got to the point they can use their in game engine for pre-rendering, so it's just turned up to the max and recorded along with some post processing. It costs disk space, but you get a 100% reproducable experience with consitant quality no matter the hardware.

But more disruptions to the gameplay -- it takes time to load cutscenes (unless you keep the player in memory all the time, which you probably can't). Another issue is that ingame cutscenes often feature the PC, and with the level of customization you have in RPG's, pre-rendering is right out.

IOW, color me skeptical on this one.

Back
Top Bottom