The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

aha, i think I finally found something rummaging around in my collection that will be new for the other Doomed here.. Saturnus.
Good stuff, lots of keyboards and spoken word, gloomy guitars, some nice choral overlays, decent lyrics. They tend to throw in tempo shifts quite a bit too, instead of a continuous crawl. I like it a lot.

Saturnus - Paradise Belongs to You
Veronica Decides to Die is good too, havent heard any of their newer stuff.

I really hate how Amazon has a bunch of tracks now "album only" on a lot

Switching between Lacuna Coil and FNM....the latter totally owns to listen to while playing Red Dead Redemption, the former is good for rpg's. There is not a woman alive that sounds better than Cristina Scabbia!

-Carn

My favorite discovery of the week:
Musica Cthulhiana - dark ambient devoted to Lovecraftian themes. Really great atmospheric stuff and good for getting in the Halloween mood. They sometimes even veer in the the doom-jazz style of Bohren & Der Club of Gore territory. They have two albums stream-able on Spotify and also some stuff on Bandcamp. The Fragment album (their newest) in particular I'm really enjoying.

aha, i think I finally found something rummaging around in my collection that will be new for the other Doomed here.. Saturnus.
Good stuff, lots of keyboards and spoken word, gloomy guitars, some nice choral overlays, decent lyrics. They tend to throw in tempo shifts quite a bit too, instead of a continuous crawl. I like it a lot.

Saturnus - Paradise Belongs to You

I'm familiar with Saturnus - that album in particular - great stuff indeed. "The Fall of Nakkiel" reminds me of Current 93 which is one my favorite bands in the dark / apocalyptic folk genre. Also a member of Saturnus (Kim Larsen) went on to do solo work as Of the Wand and the Moon - which is another great dark folk project I like alot.

A good friend gave this link to me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzOyaW3PkLQ

Hubert von Goisern : "Hearst des net"" = "Don't you hear it".
Wonderful piece of music from Austria ! :)

Prepare yourself to hear some sounds that you might have never heared in this combination so far ! ;)

I don't like country music, but Toby Keith does some really funny stuff.

"Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith

Great band… I saw them live a few years back, and they put on one hell of a show.

Amerika

Links 2 3 4

Du hast

I would pay good money to see them live, but not so good that I have to travel to a whole other country :) Unless I get lucky and when I go on vacation to Europe it coincides with a concert.

Definitely a great band. Love the new video.

Pretty much. We get some bands over here from time to time. Like Guns N' Roses came a while back, but mostly they avoid us.

Still not that bad. There're pluses and minuses to anywhere you live.

I was reading up on Rammstein and man they must have an awesome show. Liddemann is a pyrotechnician. That's got to come in handy when you're wearing flamethrower gauntlets :)

Back
Top Bottom