The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Among the later Genesises I actually prefer "Genesis", the one with "Mama". Maybe because I haven't listened much to the after-gabriel stuff.

pibbur who is 1 cm taller than Mike Rutherford, and equally tall as Roger Waters. But not nearly as tall as Arjen Lucassen.

I'll get there Pib, unless I get sick of Collin's croonings. ;)

BTW, the post-…and then there were three… remasters sound distorted compared to the earlier remasters which to me sound spectacularly crisp. I wonder what happened to the later recordings?

The album "Genesis" had a ton of commercial hits with Mama (great song), Thats All, Home by the Sea, Illegal Alien, and Taking It All Too Hard all getting regular airplay

Third listen on Duke was the charm. Wow! (minus the poppy songs, which are good, but not wowing me).

I particularly like the combo of Behind The Line and Dutchess. Especially Dutchess

Hmmm. It seems like I have to take a closer listen at the other post-gabriel stuff.

pibbur who is 23 cm taller than Phil Collins. He's, due to his (lack of) height, what the wife would call a "sprettskit" ("jumping turd" for the Norwegian challenged watchers), which is - since she's from the northern part of Norway - just her (at times very funny) way of talking, and is not meant/regarded as an insult.

By then they stopped writing about leprechauns, rainbows, aliens, and the Apocalypse, and started writing about women problems

Speaking of fractured fairy tales, I am really liking Trespass now after a few more listens. Much more than the post-Hackett stuff, even though the guitar is a bit weak since its pre-Hackett. Lots of lovely flute parts, though.

Speaking of fractured fairy tales, I am really liking Trespass now after a few more listens. Much more than the post-Hackett stuff, even though the guitar is a bit weak since its pre-Hackett. Lots of lovely flute parts, though.

Its funny you should say that because today I was listening to "Genesis Radio" on Spotify, and heard a few from Trespass again, and really liked them. Anthony Phillips definitely plays a nice guitar, and has a dreamy quality about it, but I think Hackett is a guitar genius.

Overall great album. I also like this better than most of the post-Hackett stuff.

This song is a horrible, HORRIBLE earworm - it's going round and round in my head since I saw those guys on Wednesday as a suppporting act for Sabaton:

http://youtu.be/enSmON-pcpA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom