• 50's

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • 60's

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 70+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
29, Krondor and the original PoR were the first cRPGs I messed around with. I've always suspected the average age here was substantially higher than that of the Codex. What a shock :rolleyes:

In my early 30's and my first cRPG was BG2 :) I started gaming late though, towards the end of high school (which explains fall of my grade :lol:). I shared PC with my brother then, so was rarely on :(

Yeah, somewhat surprising the average age of RPG Watch is 30-40. Thought it will be older. I think I was a member of RPGdot as well, but I was a lurker, can't remember what username I was under either.

37 - started gaming when I was 6 on the Sinclair ZX-81, which was my brother's computer. He was the geek, and I was the curious little brother.

I remember his first birthday after getting that computer. Usually, he'd get a cool robot or some fancy toy that I'd get to play with. So, his birthday was almost like my own birthday.

Imagine my shock and dismay when my parents got him a new kind of gift. I remember standing in his room that morning, and I was eagerly awaiting his new toy. Then, I noted the ominously small package. As I experienced that sinking feeling of disappointment, it finally turned to near depression as he opened it and got…. TWO FUCKING CASSETTE TAPES!?!?!

What the hell kind of birthday present was that?

It must have taken ages to get over that one. Ages, as a 6 year old kid, being a day or two. Then I discovered that there were games on those tapes.

My life was changed ;)

Currently 53 and counting ! The first crpg i actually owned and played to completion on my first rig was Eye of the Beholder back in 1993 I think, even though I played Ultima 7 Serpent isle earlier and stuff like Prince of Persia, which is actually not a rpg.

Mid 20s.

Started PC games in 95 with age of empires and I have diablo 2 to thank for my introduction to RPGs…

So wait ... You started PC gaming when you were 5? ;)

My first games on PC were Civilization, HoMM, Red Alert
RPG's came much later with Diablo and Gothic

43, I got a copy of Wizardry 1 and Ultima 3 at the same time for my first crpgs which I played on an IBM PC jr. I can still type "tiltowait" in .3 seconds, best spell ever.

Doom was the first game to ever make me jump. I still remember how cool that feeling was.

Not a single teen? that explains a lot :)

we need one teen to approximate the Gaussian (normal) distribution better...

Seriously,
it would be fun to have a few youngsters here - they know other games, have new ideas and topics. Teens are only trouble if they come in masses :)
It's always good to have a good 'age mix'.

We have more than enough teen-likes ;)

We all know that the handful of women on here are permanent teens, right? ;)

*ducks*

42, another victim of wizardry ones charms. I played some basic text games on my Aquarius "computer" earlier but wizardry is what I consider to be my first real game.

Pc has been my #1 hobby ever since.

we need one teen to approximate the Gaussian (normal) distribution better…

Seriously,
it would be fun to have a few youngsters here - they know other games, have new ideas and topics. Teens are only trouble if they come in masses :)
It's always good to have a good 'age mix'.

I don't think we need a lot of candy crash, and farmville.. discussions here.

Well, those would be more useful than the Codex bile that seems so prevalent these days ;)

Then again, I have this theory about Codexian being another way of saying stuck-in-early-teens.

Well, those would be more useful than the Codex bile that seems so prevalent these days ;)

Then again, I have this theory about Codexian being another way of saying stuck-in-early-teens.

I sense prejudices against teens and Codexians here.

First: Teens are often very innovative and have really interesting ideas. I admire that they have no fear to start big projects.

Second: Please don't rate the whole Codex by some trolls that show up here from time to time. I'm a regular poster over there and have found quite a few good informed CRPG experts and friends.
Ignore the 4chan posts and the rest is often a good read.

Second: Please don't rate the whole Codex by some trolls that show up here from time to time. I'm a regular poster over there and have found quite a few good informed CRPG experts and friends.
Ignore the 4chan posts and the rest is quite often a good read.

There are always exceptions ;)

However, I can only speak about the countless examples we've seen here, and I'd say non-trolling is the rare exception, not the norm.

As for the Codex itself, I find almost every single thread infested with bile. That doesn't mean that's all there is. It just gets in the way too much.

Back
Top Bottom