Mass Effect 2 - Kasumi DLC Review Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a collection of Kasumi's Stolen Memory reviews, courtesy of the awesome Omega. I'll post a couple of quotes and then bullet-list the rest. The general consensus seems to be modestly positive, with praise for the loyalty mission. So, here's a snip from Thankless Grind, who awarded 3/5:
The question you have to ask yourself when thinking about picking up Kasumi's Stolen Memory is: Would you pay 700 MS Points ($7/£4.80) for Zaeed? Remember how Zaeed didn't have any conversations while on the Normandy, and didn't have a recruitment mission other than a introductory conversation? It's basically just that again. The biggest difference here is that while Zaeed's loyalty mission wasn't particularly notable, Kasumi's mission is really interesting and unique, and you get some new casual clothes out of it.
Just Push Start, with a score of 3.5/5:
Isn’t it too late?
I am sure by now the majority of gamers who played Mass Effect 2 will be finished through their first and second play-throughs. I don’t see the point of releasing an extra character at this point when most of us have already finished with the main campaign. Sure the playing through her loyalty mission is fun but there will be no point of using her if you saved at the last part of the game. It’s not like she’ll make that much of difference. I think this DLC would be very beneficial assuming you’ve just started playing Mass Effect 2. Honestly, when Zaeed – the Price of Revenge DLC was released, who uses that pathetic character anymore?
Eurogamer, who look at all the DLC available. Score - 8/10:
Tweaking the mission formula slightly, you'll be playing with just Shepard and new recruit Kasumi Goto, a master thief, rather than the expected duo of tooled-up companions. While we gamers tend to get hung up on how long things last, and how that time compares to money spent, Stolen Memory does a good job of justifying itself through enjoyable gameplay and clever storytelling. Short, yes, but also surprisingly sweet.
More information.

That's exactly why I don't like DLC. After I finish a game (RPG) I'm done with it. Call it 'closure'. Uninstalling it is part of the satisfaction of finishing it, and moving to the next game. But now it's like they want me to finish the game, but not really, to come back 2 weeks later to play it for 2 more hours. I hate that, reason why I'll never get DLC unless it's already packaged like in a 'Gold edition' of a game I haven't played yet.

I am not, repeat, not one to go in for games like this, but I have to say it had enough RPG story-type-line to it to make me like playing it. By the time I got to it the DLC content was out and I grabbed it. Not sure any of it was an improvement to the game, just extra time and areas to look at. But for me it was a fun game.

Back
Top Bottom