Things you don't need to know...

An region of Pluto is named after an HP Lovecraft creation, Cthulhu

04_McKinnon_03c.jpg

Love it.

I hope we do a drilling mission to Europa in my lifetime - there could be real ancient titans lurking in its watery depths.

Still hanging on these boards…after so much happened. There was a magazine, yes it was about the relationship, yes you wont know because…you cant translate it…but its good because of Jooa. He is like...something else...

A couple of games I've decided not to try, solely based on their names:

• Orc attack flatulent behaviour
  • Gynophobia
  • Let's ruin it with babies
  • Soft in the head
  • Grass simulator

pibbur who doesn't want to play a pibbur simulator either

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33735048

As much as I like to tease the Americans for their firearms policies, I must admit that if I caught a drone hovering over my sunbathing daughter in my back garden, anything to hand that could serve as a surface-to-air missile would be immediately launched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33735048

As much as I like to tease the Americans for their firearms policies, I must admit that if I caught a drone hovering over my sunbathing daughter in my back garden, anything to hand that could serve as a surface-to-air missile would be immediately launched.

I hope you realise that by posting the above you have told all the creeps in here that your daughter is sunbathing in your back garden where by increase the number of drones ;p

Yes, the Ohrwurm is a common German word.

Sometimes we Germans are a tiny bit jealous about how easily and clearly the English language is able to catch complex matters into one word. ;)

In this case, it seems to be the opposite. :D

We have two words for this:

Ohrwurm = earworm
or
Gassenhauer = streetsmasher

I think the closest English term is smash-hit.

Streetsmasher is a far better term, and I think we should adopt it immediately.

Norwegian football isn't doing to well these days. We're number 67 on the latest FIFA ranking (let's hope it just means we didn't pay'em enough).

But one of our football teams, Brann ("Fire"), which isn't doing to well either, despite being rooted in my home town, Bergen, is on the Mirror's 11 worst kits of the season: world football's most horrendous strips of 2015/16.

pibbur who refuses to call "football" any sport that isn't played using feet and almost nothing but feet.

Streetsmasher is a far better term, and I think we should adopt it immediately.

Disagree. "Earthworm" is better because this is something mainly happening inside the skull.:)

pibbur who currently happily is listening to "Kamelot" and has no wish to get that band out of his head.

Back
Top Bottom