Original Sin - Kickstarter Launched

shutupmoney.jpg

I decided to pull some of my pledge from SotA (since I made a pretty big pledge there) and put it toward a bigger pledge for Original Sin.

Even though Original Sin is much farther along in its development, I think OS is just a much more focused project. So I'm putting more of my money there.

Pledged!

Since I have been looking forward to Dragon Commander for a while now — finally a truly innovative game — it seemed not a bad place to give them some additional funds. Backed them with 65$ for both games.

Regarding Original Sin, the only thing that seemed a bit too old fashioned for me is the square grid design: with few exceptions, 90° angles are synonymous with boring (city- & building-) architecture for me. That aside, it seems to share quite a lot with the Neverwinter Nights games, which is a big plus in my book. Also, I like the interactivity they implemented for combat, which should keep that aspect engaging longer than in other RPGs. Overall, it does look promising! Not sure when I will have time to actually play those games, though…

I'm feeling the Kickstarter fatigue. On the other hand, I was pretty likely to buy this when it came out so does it really matter whether I shell out the $60 now or later?

Decisions, decisions...

Yep, I figured I'd get this eventually. Doubt it will end up being a shitty game. I really should have waited for it to go on sale, but I've had bad luck getting the newer European RPGs in boxes at decent prices in the US.

No brainer backing this one, looks like it's turning into a really interesting game and they have some good previous, of course. Fingers crossed it does well on Kickstarter.

The game looks awesome already - I'm in for $35. I love the soundtrack work of Kirill Pokrovsky in the previous games. Really glad he is onboard for this one.

Man, this is a good time to be a CRPG player.

This will be my first time pledging anything to a kickstarter. Larian deserves it, great people and studio!

Yep, this did come out of the blue. :)

Pledged $40 for the double feature. And I'm really hoping I'll be able to make use of it.

Already pledged also.

Also surprised for the rushed kickstarter. I was quietly building the Swen's interview video in anticipation for the kickstarter campaign next week, and now... I'll have to work fast to get it done for tomorrow (...evening).

Hope this rushed kick-release won't hinder campaign momentum.

every game should go to kickstarter

1) for themselves , to make a better game with more resources

2) for the users , offering great prices and great deals early

Back
Top Bottom