Mass Effect Trilogy - Under $12 at GMG

Saying "some" of the DLC is not included is a bit of an understatement. Very little of the story DLC across the entire series, aside from Zaeed and Bring down the sky, is included.

Missing plot and squadmate DLC include:

ME2:
Kasumi
Overlord
Lair of the Shadowbroker

ME3:
From Ashes
Omega
Leviathan
Citadel

Most of those are at least worth playing but certainly not worth the current asking price as it adds up to well over the cost of the entire series at this sale price. Probably more accurate to say very little of the DLC in the 2nd game and pretty much none from the third game are included.

Still not a bad deal for what you get, but it might be less than you expect if you don't realize that almost none of the substantive DLCs beyond two for the first game are included in the package.

Last edited:
So the game does get better over time? Sounds like a case of nostalgia.
No just tired of the same bitching in every topic.;)
Most of those are at least worth playing but certainly not worth the current asking price as it adds up to well over the cost of the entire series at this sale price. Probably more accurate to say very little of the DLC in the 2nd game and pretty much none from the third game are included.

Still not a bad deal for what you get, but it might be less than you expect if you don't realize that almost none of the substantive DLCs beyond two for the first game are included in the package.

Dragon Age Ultimate was the last game from Bioware with all the dlc, and I don't see them changing now. I don't like like it but their making more money offering the dlc separately.

Last edited:
No just tired of the same bitching in every topic.;)

-Can I ask why are you using term "bitching"?
-I thought that bitching could look like: "yeah, spend over 10$ for such EA/BioWare CRAP, fuck them what they did to shepard - so many plotholes! assholes! i hate you bioware, u ruined my life i cannot sleep now coz shepard wont sleep with Liara/Tali/Garrus or Anderson again!!2111!11 i wont buy/pirate ur shit again!"
-my post was rather satirical, though I'm pretty sure that accurate for many ME fans

Saying "some" of the DLC is not included is a bit of an understatement. Very little of the story DLC across the entire series, aside from Zaeed and Bring down the sky, is included.

Missing plot and squadmate DLC include:

ME2:
Kasumi
Overlord
Lair of the Shadowbroker

ME3:
From Ashes
Omega
Leviathan
Citadel

I think Pinnacle Station is included, too, for ME1.
Funny thing: Several useless item packages are included with ME2. Yeay. Wonder why that is.

I think Pinnacle Station is included, too, for ME1.
Funny thing: Several useless item packages are included with ME2. Yeay. Wonder why that is.

Yeah I didn't mention those in my list of not-included DLC because well… they're included in the PS3 and PC versions. The PS3 version also gets the complete ME2 (as was availible at retail as the only PS3 version). It says that the ME1 DLC (which the PC and PS3 get for free) are availible for xbox users on xbox live… but I am not sure if it means they are included in the price or simply available in that they can buy them if they want. Of course I guess I'm being a bit off topic as neither of those are relevant directly to the sale.

ME3 Ending Fail

Mass effect a horrible failure? Really? In what universe.

I should have been more specific. It is a storytelling failure. The ending completely ruined the careful lore and story they had been building. Sure the game sold like crazy and the graphics, gameplay, and teammates were all great.

But speaking strictly on the narrative, it was an ultimate fail. It invoked deus ex machina, violated its own lore, and made pretty much no sense.

If you are truly interested in the literary merits of the ending, here's an article I wrote a while back about the topic.

I think they only good excuse for a deus ex machina ending in a game is that your game is called Deus Ex.

I pulled the trigger on this and dragon age ultimate bundle… I feel unclean having origin and the need to use it.. but whats my alternative?

Oh man... the DA bundle goes on sale on Steam for 75% off several times a year!

I think they only good excuse for a deus ex machina ending in a game is that your game is called Deus Ex.

Ha yeah, except the ironic thing is not even any of the Deus Ex games use deus ex machina. The writers of all three games were way too smart for that. The endings of all three Deus Ex games logical flow from the rest of the narrative, giving the player a choice on what to do, but all choices do flow from the narrative.

Did I mention I absolutely adore all three Deus Ex games???

There are only two Deus Ex games. DX and DX:HR. ;)
No there are three but that's all right. Most couldn't handle the greatness of Deus Ex: Invisible War. Oh well it's their loss.:lol:

Note-(This is a joke and not anything serious)

There are only two Deus Ex games. DX and DX:HR. ;)

Oh cmon now! Sure Invisible War had gameplay issues. Everybody agrees. Still it is a true sequel to Deus Ex, 100% pure in its story and characters, made by the original developers. Hence, it is a must-play on story alone. But yes...it isn't one you want to replay...unlike DX1 and DX:HR.

Back
Top Bottom