Risen Order doesn't take relics

sym666

Traveler
Hi everybody, I looked for this information, but I couldn't find it, so I apologize if I failed at it. I'm in harbor city where I'm trying to maximize XP before going for mage, so I made three align quests out of four for the Don, and now I should do two for order to attain their four ones. The thing is, I cannot give neither armors nor bowls to Hernandez or to the other guy in front of the warehouse: simply, they don't talk to me anymore. I can give bowls to the Don, but this is not what I plan to do. Is it a bug anyone else might have been experienced, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your replies

Sounds like you've already sided with the Don.

Hi sym666,

It's no bug, it is the consequences system working. I did one alignment quest for each side (Don and Order) which kept the faction balance needle at zero. Then i completed another quest for each faction which made two alignment quests for each faction, the faction balance still remained at zero. Then the same again until there were three for each side and perfectly balanced so that no faction was aware of any bias to tip the scales. This way i could do any ONE final quest to join either of the chosen factions. Finaly after roaming the land and gaining as much xp as possible, i returned to Harbor Town to tip the scales toward the order by handing over the golden bowls and receiving the letter of commendation from Carlos. Some surplus quest characters were then addressed and were sent to other camps (eg: Scordo went to the monastery)

There was another interesting and possible avenue i did not try to experiment with and that was the final "equalisation" quest with Cid as pointed out by JDR13 which in theory though highly unlikely would max out both factions, so not quite sure how/when to approach that quest - maybe do it first before any other?

I believe Wulf might be to a large extent correct, in how the balance of favour seems to work. Though in my case I had done 2 or 3 quests for the bandits, and perhaps not even one of the conflicting ones in the orders' favour, I had quite early on done two quests which bring you favour with the mages, being the soup-kitchen thingy for Belschwur, and finding a home for the sick woman close to the Harbour town back gate.

It might be that there is a critical point where you lose favour with either faction, which I happily didn't seem to cross at any point. In my playthrough I had joined the Mages even though I was originally with the Don, and the Don's guys never turned against me.

Gothic 3 had a similar "reputation" system. I remember playing both sides by doing some non-conflicting quests on either side, which then gains favour or reputation with whichever faction.
It is tricky knowing where the line lies where you enter a situation of disfavour with a certain faction, but that just gives depth to the game, IMO.

Last edited:
thanks for the kind replies; so it seems that npcs can be biased by our hero's character, when talking to them and/or by other quests other than align ones. I' ll pay more attention to this next time, then. At this time my available choices are either the Don or the mage-warrior, so I'll go for the latter
Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom