What games are you playing now?

It has arrived here in Germany, too, by some publisher called "Big Fish Games".
Unfortunately, they display - after you exit the game - kind of an advertisement for their other games (by Big Fish, that is).

Thanks for the info--I'll look at the Very Large Target in the big city as my neighborhood one so far hasn't had it--even though it still has Divine Divinity for $9 and Stronghold Crusader.

Don't know if I mentioned it here, but I got Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift for the DS and have been just *pouring* the hours into it ... last game before the next handheld article!

Went back to Fallout 2.

Putzing around The Den running errands, and just returned to Klamath to rescue a trapper from some golden geckos. My previous play-throughs were somewhat munchkin-y, with high Steal scores and emphasis on Big Guns, so this time I'm playing as someone completely different -- a woman with Science, Speech, and Small Guns as tag skills, and somewhat low Strength. The very early game was tough going; I got way too much "You hit <enemy> in the head for 0 points of damage" for it to be much fun, but once I got her a nice little Desert Eagle, the going is a lot smoother.

Other than the occasionally irritating metagame humor, it's a lot of fun, now that I'm over the initial hump.

Edit: giving up on it again. I just don't have the patience for that dumb, random, and glacial combat.

Last edited:
I am playing Divine Divinity again. I love that game... but I always get excited and do the castle before I should and then I complain I want my teleporter stones back.

I've actually never had a go at IWD1. So I've just finished installing it, and ready to go! Also playing BG1 & 2 and MotB.

EDIT: ok, turns out that I cant play IWD. It keeps crashing for some reason... funny. I've patched it and all.

Last edited:
Sucks, purpleblob. I've not run it lately on my current machine but it always ran just fine on XP on my older ones. IWD2 runs on this one. No telling. :(

Still working my way through PS:T--I spent two days in the Clerk's Ward without a single combat opportunity, constantly busy unraveling quests and never bored for a minute. Amazing stuff. Next, headed for the Foundry, but I took a break to clear out Undersigil just to check out all my new spells. Unbelievably melodramatic spell effects, especially the timestop as vast quantities of pixelated magical effects rain down from the heavens. Every mage's dream. :)

I'm currently playing Gemcraft, a Tower Defense variant with RPG elements. A real time trap.

I am still fiddling with finishing all 400+ quests in Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS ... loads of fun, nice solid tactics game but not to tough.

For some reason I had been itching to replay Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony on the PSP. I had a great time starting out, because I already knew the loads would be horrible so I was working on a FFTA2 mission while things loaded. Nice fun hack-n-slash.

Fiddling with replaying Unreal and also some other stuff on the PC but sort of unfocused right now.

I'm currently ennjoying Ankh very, very much ! :)

But - don't buy the "Ultimate Edition" if you want a bug-less version ! Rather buy the original version !

Which is very, very bad imho : The limited edition called "Ultimate Edition (limited to 5000 specimens, says the package) is more buggy than the normal edition ... This shouldn't happen, imho.

But I like the game. :)

FInally! I made it to Kingdom Hearts 2. Sigh... we passed the first five days, and Sonny nearly rolled on the floor with laughter when Roxas had to ride the sack. While it seems a bit heavy in the story department when it comes to a very young audience such as Sonny, it's still been a lot of fun so far.

Okay... I'm putting NWN2: MotB on the shelf for a while... I know most who have played it have loved it, but for some reason it just hasn't hit me. I can't explain it, but I find myself bored. I will come back to it because it is a game I really want to finish, but I need something fresh for now. So, I'm finally going to play Avernum 5. I'm installing it now and can't wait to get started back in the world of Avernum again!

narpet, I got just as bored as you did, and I can't explain why either.

Me, too narpet. I *still* haven't played it and I've started it over five different times. purpleblob says it gets better in Act II, but I've never made it that far.:)

Finally finish The Witcher. It's certainly great game in term of story telling, questing, and other rpg elements. The final cut scene kind of left you dumfounded though. At least it's intriguing.

I decided to pick up a few games that I never finished. Tomb Raider Anniversary edition is the first one. I have to say that I am not surprised it's a remake of an old game, because storywise the game is quite bad. Tomb Raider Legends is actually one of the better PC games in the recent years but TR:A do not come close. I just find myself frustrated and bored, playing like four-five hours just for an 1 minute update on the story...

Then I finally got started on Two Worlds, and in that case I am actually enjoying myself. I am playing a fire mage and I passed the "mage threshold"... you know, the step from feeling like a scared rabbit, to a powerhouse that can just tear down far greater opposition than other classes at the same level.

I also finally got Ankh: Heart of Osiris installed. I really liked the first since i thought is was the most hillarious adventuregame since Monkey Island.

Last edited:
narpet, I got just as bored as you did, and I can't explain why either.

magerette said:
Me, too narpet. I *still* haven't played it and I've started it over five different times. purpleblob says it gets better in Act II, but I've never made it that far.

Well, it's good to hear that it's not just me. I'm really enjoying Avernum 5 right now... but I will go back to MotB and give it another try after I finish A5. I hate to leave a potentially fun experience unfinished. But it's like reading a book... if it doesn't grab me within the first 100 pages I will never finish it... :-/

I also finally got Ankh: Heart of Osiris installed. I really liked the first since i thought is was the most hillarious adventuregame since Monkey Island.

I'm about to finishing it (the first game I mean), and I must agree to that ! :)

Next, Heart of Osiris, too ! :)

Me, too narpet. I *still* haven't played it and I've started it over five different times. purpleblob says it gets better in Act II, but I've never made it that far.:)

I've hit the wall again and giving it a rest a bit now... I don't quite understand why I don't like it much either. In fact, I actually like OC much better still.

Still playing BG2 ofcourse -- and trying to give another go at PS:T although I have a feeling it won't last very long.

Back
Top Bottom