Small Chronicles :: Unique Turn-Based Strategy JRPG :: Development Blog

WhiteSponge

Game Crafter
Main-Scene-type-New.png

Hey everyone!

I would like to share about the upcoming game that WhiteSponge is working on - Small Chronicles!

What kind of game is it exactly?
Super small stages + Turn-based Strategy JRPG? That’s what Small Chronicles is!

Defeat monsters, gain experience! Learn new skills and acquire items to power up your characters! Plan your moves wisely as each wrong move can result in a defeat! As you progress through the game, you will unlock new worlds, new monsters, new bosses and new power up items!

All of these are in the attempt to help your main character, Kon, save his sister who has been abducted by unknown evil monsters!

Small Chronicles Chapter 1 – Key of Light and Darkness will be available in both English and Japanese for the initial release!

Key Highlights

Ω Venture into the world of Arystonia as Kon or Lyea, each with their own unique skill sets and story that intertwine with each other

Ω Engage in combat against other players, win trophy stars and for a spot in the top leagues for the awesome ruby rewards!

Ω All-New equipment growing system that allows your equipment to become better as you use them more in your journey throughout Arystonia

Ω Unlock easter eggs for hidden secrets, characters or new perspective on the story and lore behind the world of Arystonia

Ω Enjoy the original Japanese voice-overs while the characters tell their perspective of their journeys

Additionally, Duncan McPherson, the sound designer and composer of both Terra Noctis and Spell Sword, is also the music composer for Small Chronicles!

Chapter 1 is available now!
Get it for FREE now from https://itunes.apple.com/app/small-chronicles/id563177078?mt=8 ! Remember that only the first 888 people to download the game will get FREE 500 rubies!

Questions asked
Please feel free to ask questions or share opinions as it is also a learning journey for me too. I will consolidate the questions asked (and my reply to them) here so everyone can view them easily :D

Finally
Follow @SmallChronicles on Twitter or like Small Chronicles at Facebook for up to the minute updates on Small Chronicles!

You can also follow @WhiteSponge on Twitter or WhiteSponge at Facebook for up to the minute updates on WhiteSponge!

I will also update this thread regularly with Small Chronicles' development and design progress!

For now, check out the official teaser trailer for Small Chronicles!

And the launch trailer for Chapter 1 (Kon's version)!
Enjoy and do share with your friends and family! Thanks!

Last edited:
Skills in Small Chronicles are mainly divided into active (left half of the skills) and passive (right half) skills.

WBXKZFP5

New screenshot showing one of the skills of Kon :D

6DP9iMSu

Another skill of Kon which stuns the target :D

MhTidCm8

8cD0caIy

I'm here with another update on Small Chronicles! As seen from the screenshot,items in Small Chronicles have been implemented!

There are many different types of items that you can use! Items that when equipped give stat bonus or items that can be used to aid your characters in battle!

WXAXvtY2

JRPG fans rejoice! Small Chronicles will be available in both English and Japanese for the initial release!

Most of the translation to Japanese have been done!

PMu7osIn

Just added a new range type monster for Small Chronicles!

Introducing the Virus Flower ( 病毒の花 )! These mutated flowers pack a punch when it's next to you and when it's at a range from you!

Don't get into their range!

6G1dyIFr

Grrrr! Sneak peek of 1st boss monster for Small Chronicles! :D

I like the relative clean look of it, but the whole character faces without bodies is jarring to me. Is it an iphone game?

I like the relative clean look of it, but the whole character faces without bodies is jarring to me. Is it an iphone game?

Hahaha the characters were intentionally designed to be like that. Yes the initial release is for iOS devices (i.e iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad) :)

Here's another update and more information on Small Chronicles!

The game is divided into different worlds and each world has many stages. As you progress through and unlock the stages and worlds, the game's story will be revealed!

To make it clearer, here's a screenshot of the 1st world and its stages :)

ITjnCRvo

Just added the first of the traps to Small Chronicles! Be careful of those spikes! :D

trap1.png

Just added chests to world 2! Now you have another decision to make in the deserts of Small Chronicles! To defeat the monsters first? Or to get the chest first?

chest1.png

Added a new monster - The Twisted Cactus!

It's fast and it's also a ranged attacker! Watch out for these sneaky bastards!

Screenshot%20TwistedCactus.png

Diagonal attacking for both characters & monsters done! Coming soon in the latest test versions! :D

Screenshot%20diagonalAtk.png

Beware of that gas! It smells poisonous! :eek:

poison_gas_trap.png

The Wood Groves... redesigned ~ :)

Wood%20Groves%20redesigned%20%231.png

Not to be outdone by the Wood Groves, here's the Rune Deserts ~ redesigned :D

Rune%20Deserts%20redesigned%20%231.png

Another new monster appears! Seems like one can sense darkness from it o_O?

Fallen%20Fairy%20%231.png

Back
Top Bottom