Unofficial Patch 1.4 released!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
Hi everybody, the Unofficial Patch has been updated to 1.4 which includes all the additional fixes in the Official English Patch and some more fixes and features. You can find it here and it should work with all Russian or English versions out there:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/white_gold_war_in_paradise.php#tp14

Update: Please download the version from 20.4.2011 if you get a crash on startup.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks a lot to those who worked on it! I see you've also incorporated the inventory mod. Good stuff :)

By the way Wesp is it possible to disable dialogue being fast-forwarded by time/voiceovers? In the 2nd island there is this quest where you have to call someone up, and the dialogue from the person you're calling just skips without even giving you a chance to read. I'm not sure if this is because there are no voiceovers for her, or because of a glitch in the timing of the dialogue.

-edit- I'm getting an error that says "Sound file 'SOUNDS\CUTSCENES\AMBUSH.OGG' is not listed in cache\sndlist.dat" at the start of the game when the publisher/developer videos are playing, and then the game crashes.

Last edited:
Well I'll be....it works! Thanks dude, how did you figure that out? :)

Well I'll be….it works! Thanks dude, how did you figure that out? :)

Is this about the silent sound file or the crash on startup? Please download the version from 20.4.2011 if you get the latter...

myers90's solution fixed the latter for me. Thanks anyway :)

Awesome! Thanks a lot to those who worked on it! I see you've also incorporated the inventory mod. Good stuff :)

By the way Wesp is it possible to disable dialogue being fast-forwarded by time/voiceovers? In the 2nd island there is this quest where you have to call someone up, and the dialogue from the person you're calling just skips without even giving you a chance to read. I'm not sure if this is because there are no voiceovers for her, or because of a glitch in the timing of the dialogue.

-edit- I'm getting an error that says "Sound file 'SOUNDS\CUTSCENES\AMBUSH.OGG' is not listed in cache\sndlist.dat" at the start of the game when the publisher/developer videos are playing, and then the game crashes.

I got the same crash and had to revert back to version 1,3.
Myers90 solution didn't fix it for me.

Downloaded again today.Same problem.

On Patches-Scrolls.de " File information: 20 april" but on the mirror Gamefront it says "Date added 19 april"

I got the same crash and had to revert back to version 1,3.
Myers90 solution didn't fix it for me.
Did you change the line back to RELEASEVERSION=1? It will still crash if it's RELEASEVERSION=0

Problem solved.Stupid me.
I didn't use version 1.0.1,i went directly from version 1.0 to Wesp5 unofficial patch 1.4.
I patched in version 1.0.1 today and used Myers90 method and it worked like a charm.

PS:A big thank you to all you guys whos working with these two great openworld games so everybody can play.

Wow, Wesp5, you are a true legend making Xenus II and Precursors more playable and enjoyable for all of us. Fantastic work and a huge thanks from this Dutch gamer!!

Thanks to you for the compliments. Also I will mention your FOV info in the next patch readme :)!

Thanks to you for the compliments. Also I will mention your FOV info in the next patch readme :)!

Great!
By the way, I was wondering if you (or anyone else) have succeeded in turning off the motion blur in Xenus II. It's okay on foot, but it gets extremely annoying when you're driving in a vehicle.
I know it can be done in The Precursors by editing the line "DISABLE_ROTATION_MOTION_BLUR=1" in VIDEOOPTIONS.INI, but this line is not present in the same file from Xenus II. I already tried inserting it myself, but the game didn't pay attention to it.

[EDIT]
Maybe it's a good idea to also include in the ReadMe how to disable the introduction logo's of the game. I wrote up the following instruction:
Open GAME.INI in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\White Gold\INI". Find the lines:

VIDEO0=Video\publisher.ogg
VIDEO1=Video\deepshadows.ogg;CROP
VIDEO2=Video\max.ogg;ONCE;LETTERBOX
VIDEO3=Video\intro.ogg;LETTERBOX
VIDEO4=Video\loading.ogg;LETTERBOX;DRAWPROGRESS

and change them to

VIDEO0=Video\intro.ogg;LETTERBOX
VIDEO1=Video\loading.ogg;LETTERBOX;DRAWPROGRESS

This will disable the company logo's and play the introduction cinematic (vital to the story).

I've tried to add ;ONCE to the introduction cinematic so it would only play once, but for some reason this disabled the menu music.

Last edited:
By the way, I was wondering if you (or anyone else) have succeeded in turning off the motion blur in Xenus II.

Are you sure Xenus II is using motion blur at all? I never noticed it, compared to The Precursors.

Maybe it's a good idea to also include in the ReadMe how to disable the introduction logo's of the game.

I don't think it is worth the effort, the magazine logos play only once anyway and I won't promote this in a patch.

I won't promote this in a patch.

Thought you'd say that. :) I always like to get to the main menu as fast as possible, but I understand your motives. The logo's are there for a reason.

Are you sure Xenus II is using motion blur at all? I never noticed it, compared to The Precursors.

Definately! And it's quite annoying when driving! :p
I'm playing at the High quality level. If you really can't see it for whatever reason, I can make a screenshot.

Back
Top Bottom