HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Today Capcom has announced a PC version of the open world action RPG
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen:

Well met, Arisens! Here, have some awesome news:

As of January 2016, the epic fantasy action-RPG Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available on Windows PC for $29.99 / € 29.99 / £ 24.99, with full Steam platform support. Huzzah!

In case you missed it on console, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is an awesome, inspired, sprawling fantasy game set in an open world, where players create their own unique character and supporting, AI-controlled characters known as Pawns, which can be “rented” and shared online by other players. Battle giant mythical beasts, master a variety of distinct vocations, and explore atmospheric dungeons to uncover endless items and loot.

The PC version will feature stunningly high-res graphics and improved fidelity, as well as support for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, as well as a traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme.
More information.

only played it for a few hours before tossing it in disgust, the interface and controls were extremely clunky on the ps3. perhaps it will be better with a mouse/keyboard.

I've heard some good things about this one. Will definitely keep an eye out!

Finally. I hope its optimization will be good.

Woohoo...this came out a surprise, but I'm definitely looking forward to this.

So after reading that press release description, I'm confused over what type of game this is.

Is there a story or it's more like an open world rogue-like where you just travel around killing stuff and finding loot?

its like a single player MMO.

No, I don't think that's a very accurate description. I played a few hours of the PS3 version, and it didn't feel very MMOish to me.

Think Dark Souls with more of a high-fantasy setting, but more open, and with a faster, looser combat style.

Will it have decent kb/m controls ? Does capcon have a history here ?

Capcom used to be notorious for terrible PC ports of their console titles, but their more recent stuff seems to be significantly better. I've heard good things about the remastered PC port of Resident Evil for example, but I haven't had a chance to check it out for myself yet.

I LOVED Dragon's Dogma.

It is nowhere near as difficult as Dark Souls. The problem is the game is not finished, and it's obvious. The combat is entirely amazing, just so much fun, especially against large creatures.

I really wish they'd do DD2. I tried a little of Dark Arisen, and it's the same game… except now all the enemies have x150 HP. Is it harder? Sure! Does that make it better? No.

Sorry, to be clear, the DA stuff is an expansion, so you can do the earlier stuff and it's not that difficult. But it is weirdly unfinished.

Ah well, I can dream. Seriously, the earlier parts of this game are ridiculously fun. You don't have to go directly to Dark Arisen, in fact you will be obliterated if you try.

Also, the nights and underground is DARK. Get out your lantern. Walking home at night, lantern out, and attacked by some undead (who won't spawn there during the day) and it is scary as hell. Even with the last gen graphics. Very atmospheric.

This game had SO MUCH GOING FOR IT.

About damn time as it only took Capcom three years to fund a PC Port. Here's hoping it's not just a straight up console port with minimum PC additions as usual.

The new MMO version should also get a release overseas at some point.

Capcom used to be notorious for terrible PC ports of their console titles, but their more recent stuff seems to be significantly better. I've heard good things about the remastered PC port of Resident Evil for example, but I haven't had a chance to check it out for myself yet.

That's what I've read as well on Neogaf. Seems like Capcom learned form their bad ports backlash now, so here is hoping this will have nice kb/mouse support.

Back
Top Bottom