Might & Magic VI - The Mandate of Heaven

Yup, loving the game. I don't know why but it feels so good already.
I have a party of Knight, Paladin, Cleric and Sorc.
I started the game and explored all the houses in the starting town.
Then I cleared up the region around the town of all the baddies.

Wish I could've known that there's a box full of leather armors behind that tree
before I went and bought two for my cleric and sorc :D

Yeah and if the allmighty-omnipotent-omnipresent-omniscient and handsome moderator is feeling nice and is out of things to do... please fix the topic, cause
I have a feeling this thread is gonna be here for a while...
(As someone helpfully pointed out, it's M&M VI (as in 6) - NOT VII. )

Sounds like you're off to a good start. One tip for the early game--if you're into the alchemy scene--and it's very useful--buy every empty potion bottle you see as using white potions for buffs will be more economical especially early than using mana, plus there are many spells you just won't have at this point.

This is not necessary though if you plan to use the Fly scroll for the easter egg/exploit as listed earlier in the thread--(which really everyone should do at least once to see the "dungeon" populated by the 3DO staff, and it isn't easy, either so you don't have to feel like you're totally 'power-gaming') --as you can pick up a whole inventory of empty and full flasks there, in the process of clearing the map.

Here's a useful site that lists all the trainers, where to learn skills, etc, plus a very detailed walk thru with some of the more devilish puzzle solutions for when you just can't stand it anymore--it has spoilers, though so view with care: MM6

Well--back to my game. I had to totally reinstall and restart--hopefully I've gotten rid of my bug. :)

Last edited:
I don't really know why, but I loved this game's soundtrack. It's nothing extraordinary, but feels exactly right. I even put the game CD on my stereo's CD player once or twice, just to listen to the music ;).

I decided against the easter egg/exploit thing. That would ruin the mood for me
and since I wouldn't have figured that out myself, I'm skipping it. Perhaps I'll try it sometime tho - as it is very likely that I'm gonna play this game again :D

Damn I'm having fun. I wouldn't have liked to to stop to take a break but I just noticed that I'm very hungry :(

I don't really know why, but I loved this game's soundtrack. It's nothing extraordinary, but feels exactly right. I even put the game CD on my stereo's CD player once or twice, just to listen to the music ;).

Damn! You have my eternal gratitude, man!
Know what? After reading your post I started wondering why I didn't remember hearing any music in the game. I started looking into it and soon found out that
the game uses audio cd tracks from the play cd....

My CD-drive was not connected to my soundchip!! (I had forgotten to do this since, I've got an integrated realtek audio chip and I never listen to audio cd's using my computer cd-drive)

Now.. I can hear the music and my game experience got even better. The music is fan-damn-tastic! Thanks!

This game is magnificent, it's everything I want from a game.
Sometimes I wish I could go back to the 90's.
Everything was better then. Games, Music, Books, Movies... :(

Oh, well... I still can enjoy those pinnacles of western culture made in the
90's :D

EDIT: And thanks to everyone else that has contributed to this thread and my M&M6 undertakings. I love every M&M6 fan almost as much as I love myself.

Last edited:
The game just keeps getting better and better the more I play it and the more I get into it.

I feel that the amount of challenge is just right, too. Not easy but not brutally punishing either. It seems that I succeeded in creating a nice, balanced party.

Even without the music I felt the game has this fantastic atmosphere, but the music just quadrupled it.

Starting to understand why people call this the best M&M game.

I haven't even started Dwarf Fortress today!!

Is M&M8 any good? I propably won't touch the 9th one, but what about number eight?
I'm already horrified because this game will eventually end... and.. then what?!

MM 8 is not bad... most of your Party will be recruited from classical Monster-Races, like Vampires, Darkelves and Trolls - but IMO it's pretty unbalanced, a bit rushed and not as good as its predecessors - MM 9 ?

There is no MM 9, just like there is no Ultima 9, no POR 2 and no Elder Scrolls IV (at least not in my own small World^^)

In M&M6: Is the passage of time something to worry about?
Some hidden deadlines or something? Penalties for taking too long?
Do I need to worry about sleeping too often or wasting time by travelling back and forth? What do I care whether traveling to castle ironfist takes 5 or 2 days?

I can't remember a time-limit - didn't you still need food in MM 6 ? More Rations for longer Journeys ? soo long ago... I'm getting old...

Yeah, there's the food thing, of course. But that's cheap and totally NOT a problem.

In M&M6: Is the passage of time something to worry about?
Some hidden deadlines or something? Penalties for taking too long?
Do I need to worry about sleeping too often or wasting time by travelling back and forth? What do I care whether traveling to castle ironfist takes 5 or 2 days?

There's no time constraints that I remember AFA finishing the game by a certain time, but there are some things that take place on certain days of the week-like going to the Arena on Sundays at Ironfist, or boat travel to certain out of the way locations, or being at a certain location before a deadline--like at the Shrine of the month before the month runs out, or in the circus location before the circus moves on, etc. AFAIK that's the only way any of those NPCs might be temporarily useful. I've never had to use one though, I always pick up a merchant, a factor or somone who has a spell I need before I can get it. :)

There's a promo quest that offers a bonus if it's done in a certain time limit. Other than that, magerette's got the gist of it.

Ok, great. Thanks guys.
I hated the timelimit thing in the first fallout so bad.
Luckily it was only for the first part in the main quest.

Now.. I can hear the music and my game experience got even better. The music is fan-damn-tastic! Thanks!
I'm pleased to have been of help! The soundtrack also contains background noises, like all those buzzing insects. I think this helps quite a bit with immersion.

If I remember correctly, it was M&M7 that was first released without working soundtrack in my first language. I spent lots of time trying to find the cause. But this was indeed an error in the first release, and it had to be patched so you could hear the music. Very disappointing until that patch came out.

Allright. I've cleaned the abandoned temple, goblin watch and the temple of baa.
Also the outdoor areas around Sorpigal and castle ironfist.

fun fun fun fun fun

A bow expert with the magic bow of fire seems to make them spidies settle down :D

Ah, the spiders! Not to mention the damn cobras! Ring of Fire is a great spell for when you're surrounded, but you have to have at least expert level magic to do much good with spells. I've finally got my druid and sorceror up to 7 points or so in expert fire magic and it's amazing the wildlife you can exterminate slinging fireballs and meteor showers in tandem.

BTW, Zakhary you were right about needing a patch earlier--I'd only installed the XP fix patch, and not Mok's 1.3 that had all the fixes from 1.1 and 1.2--the interface crash bug was fixed in 1.1. Running fine now.

Wish I could get back to the game, but I actually have things to do today...reality is soooo intrusive. :(

Yeah! I've had no bugs - major or minor - no inconsistencies or any general weirdness during the time I've played. Also no tech problems whatsoever.
I don't know how much is thanks to the mok's patch but I'd say that the game is in very good shape now with the mok's patch version 1.3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom