Up to % 60 discount on all D&D games!!!

Anyone have an opinion on Demonstone? It's the only modern D&D game I haven't played, but I've heard it's pretty awful. Is it really as simplistic and cliche as many people claim?

Demon Stone is a hack&slash game sets in Forgotten Realms. You control three characters (fighter, mage, rogue), you can control any of them and can pass between characters anytime you want. The other two is controlled by AI. It's a standart "kill everything that crosses your path" gameplay. It's divided into chapters and you must reach from A to B in a linear path. You can increase your skills with the points you earn after each chapter. Gameplay resembles Lotr: Return Of The King, Knights Of The Temple or Conan. One of the marketing points of it was that the story had been written by R.A.Salvatore but it's a cliched fantasy stuff. It was released in 2005, but even then graphics didn't look impressive back then. In the end it's a mediocre game, but I think it worth 3 dollars (after receiving the %60 discount of course).

So it's basically Daggerdale with older graphics?

Daggerdale is far worse than Demon Stone. Demon Stone was at least finished and somewhat polished. It wasn't great, though. It was made to appeal to the folks who played Dark Alliance and such, it was a console title.

Everything is better than Daggerdale. :)

I will see you your Daggerdale and raise you a Descent to Undermountain.

Man there have been some god awful D&D games. It seems like they are either excellent or horrific with not much in between.

As for Dagonshard, if you think that a mix between Warcraft 3 & Battle for Middle earth sounds appealing, then Dragonshard might be for you. It is not an amazing RTS, but it is above average (I for one was never impressed by Warcraft 3, as I prefer larger battles and less skill micromanagement, so take that for what its worth).

Actually that does appeal to me Fnord, being a fan of Warcraft 3 and also liking BFME. But I like games like Spellforce even more with it's blend of RTS/RPG.

When I looked around the different review sites, the Gamespot's, the IGN's and such Dragonshard sure garners some different opinions…scores range from 60/100 to 90/100 and everything in between, that in itself makes it interesting to try.

Dragonshard wasn't bad, but I found it to be one of the least memorable D&D games I've played. I also didn't care for the setting (Eberron).

Dragonshard rocks, totally underrated game.

One minute youre down exploring dungeons and fighting gelatinous cubes and such, the next youre up top fighting a large scale battle. Quite an innovative feature of the rts controls was the "friend or foe" color thing in battle. Basically, when all the units onscreen are going at it in the typical massive rts clusterf*$#, you hit a key and your troops highlight as green and the enemy red. I havent seen this in any other RTS, and for me it was a very helpful feature.

I thought the graphics were good, and encountering D&D canon creatures and character classes and such in an RTS was great fun that kept me coming back. The game is totally worth ten bucks.

100% agree with the king of the felines.

It received some decent reviews even from sites like IGN and Gamespot. I liked it, but it never seemed to get the kind of attention it deserved.

I liked the fact that the resource model was stripped down to the titular dragon shards, and gold. So youre getting the shards up top (which your troops can gather), while exploring dungeons and such for gold and loot (for your heroes), but youre not managing a ton of resources and peons. Youre also creating (if you play the Order of Flame) whole squads of clerics, rogues, paladins, sorcerors, etc, which is fun.

Gamebanshee has a good game guide

Now I'm wanting to fire it up, but I'm still trying to finish Kohan II. Which is another underrated fantasy RTS... dont get me going on that one!

Kohan II and even more so Kohan 1 are absolutely amazing. Played that game to death and would still be playing Kohan 1 if I could get it to run without odd problems occurring.

Kohan 1 is such a breath of fresh air to a realtime strategy genre filled with Warcraft (or the original Dune 2) clones. Actually I never did get that far into Warcraft 3, but I've passed Kohan 1 three time, plus expansion and Kohan 2 twice.

Kohan 2 is awesome, but I just couldnt get into the original Kohan. Just looked too blah for me, had no visual punch like part 2 does, and the game took waaaaay too loooong to play. Everything is slow, the units are slow, the economy is slow, the entire game just runs at a crawl. Thankfully they addressed that in the sequel

Back
Top Bottom