Grim Dawn - 33% Off On Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You now buy Grim Dawn on Steam for 33% off. Don't forget you also get access to the games beta with the purchase. Here are some game details to go along with the post.

You can currently play the first two "Acts" of Grim Dawn and up to character level 35, with some additional higher level secret areas to be found beyond the main story content. While content is still in development, the core gameplay is already fairly robust and a lot of fun. There is quite a lot of replay value between trying different classes / builds and collecting items. We're still refining gameplay based on player feedback, adding requested features and working to deliver the remaining content and additional slated features. Most players report that the current build is fairly stable with mostly mild bugs and we're always working to fix bugs as they come up. Here is some of the stuff we plan to roll out in the coming months:

• Currently in development:
  • Continued optimization and bug fixing
  • Item crafting coming in spring 2014
  • Additional difficulty modes and multiplayer should become available early to middle of 2014
  • More questing and NPC interaction involving factions
  • 5th player class, the Arcanist, should be ready early to middle of 2014
  • Additional big content releases in mid to late 2014
We expect the final game will provide about 30-40 hours for a first-time play-through on normal difficulty, depending on level of exploration / clearing. This is our first game as a studio and we intend for Grim Dawn to be a continuing franchise, not just a one-off game. So it is important that we put in the time and effort to create something we're proud of, that will help us to earn a loyal fanbase for the future. We hope you'll come be part of this experience and help us to forge a strong new addition to the ARPG genre.
More information.

Grabbed our copy. :)

Thanks, Couch!

After PoE and D3 2.0.1 - this one seems more and more destined to become the least interesting of the recent ARPGs.

The absurd amount of time they've spent reskinning TQ isn't doing them any favors, I fear.

The devs promoting their incomplete Early-access game to compete with other already-finished games and their new patches (d3/poe) is foolhardy at best. Bad marketing & decisions, again, involving this early access sham.

I can't speak for others, but wake me up when they have a launch version ready and we'll see how it compares to what's already available on the market.

I don't like early access, but it is one of the few means available for them to access additional funds to put the game in good shape and add more content - so I can't blame them.

After PoE and D3 2.0.1 - this one seems more and more destined to become the least interesting of the recent ARPGs.

The absurd amount of time they've spent reskinning TQ isn't doing them any favors, I fear.

It is much more than just a reskin of TQ. I find it superior to TQ in almost every way. Yes it is not finished, but what is done is really really good and few people will have any issue having purchased this early. The scope of the game has expanded tremendously, and contrary to your thoughts is shaping out to be one of the MOST interesting of the recent and upcoming ARPGs. It is a lot of fun.

It is much more than just a reskin of TQ. I find it superior to TQ in almost every way. Yes it is not finished, but what is done is really really good and few people will have any issue having purchased this early. The scope of the game has expanded tremendously, and contrary to your thoughts is shaping out to be one of the MOST interesting of the recent and upcoming ARPGs. It is a lot of fun.

Well, when I played it - I found it almost indistinguishable from TQ apart from the setting and visual aesthetic.

Maybe you could go into some detail about how the scope has been tremendously expanded?

What a bunch of curmudgeons on this site.:p
Grabbed our copy. :)

Thanks, Couch!

No problem good to see someone likes it Aubrielle.^^

I've gotta say...I've made the mistake of buying into a few early access games that were truly terrible, and it's easy to become disillusioned and cynical *reeeally* fast. And to play a bit of devil's advocate, I did feel like $30 was a little too steep for early access. Once I got it on sale, though, I have to say that it's easily worth $20. It's got good atmosphere, nice ambiance, and there's little things about the game - the occasional prop, weapons, classes - that give it just the slightest steampunk/Victorian feel, instead of the same old Diablo-esque world. (I know...Van Helsing did it too, but the flavor in this game is subtle)

And speaking of Diablo...I'd far rather satisfy my ARPG craving with Grim Dawn than support Blizzard with any amount of cash. Pay-to-win real money auctions and the always-online model feel cheap and dirty to me. It's good to know that there are developers that love a good old fashioned single player hack-and-loot just like I do. :)

Back
Top Bottom