Torchlight II - Interview @ GamerLiving

aries100

SasqWatch
GamerLiving talked to Runic's CEO Max Schaefer. They talked about his time with Blizzard, what he thinks about Diablo 3, and Torchlight 2, of course. As usual, an excerpt:
WA: Now I do have to ask, because Diablo and Diablo II are your babies. Now that Diablo III is out… have you guys…
MS: It’s weird. It’s weird seeing someone else make the game. You know what my history is. But I think they did a really great job. I’m happy to see that [Diablo III] didn’t suck, that was my fear. My fear wasn’t that it’d be very good; my fear was that it was going to suck, you know. The same way that they’re benefiting us now, so if they sucked, it’d hurt us. My biggest relief is that it didn’t suck. And it’s super slick; We’ve all been playing it, obviously. It’s made a lot of different decisions than we’ve made, which is also good because we wanted to keep that big distinction between us. But yeah, it’s kind of surreal. In a way, I’m kind of glad that I didn’t have to do it, because how do you meet the expectations of the Diablo crowd after 10 years, you know? Wow, talk about pressure.
More information.

The summer's end bearing down on us, I've just about lost interest in TL2. Delay after delay, and still no release date.

it did suck, and that's why TL2 will suck as well. Cuz u guys have the same pink vision

Its like runic guys want no money. They simply miss any logical opportunity to release the game.

Now GW2 will be launched as well. So when will arpg gamers find time to play T2 ?

I'm still looking forward to it. I'm over D3 and it's only going to cost $20 at release. What's GW2?

In a way, I’m kind of glad that I didn’t have to do it, because how do you meet the expectations of the Diablo crowd after 10 years, you know?

Well, if you're one of the world's premiere video game developers, you meet those expectations with idiotic DRM restrictions, inadequate servers and for-profit gold farming.

The summer's end bearing down on us, I've just about lost interest in TL2. Delay after delay, and still no release date.

I think you are suffering from self-hype-overload. Go do other things for a bit. Avoid news if you have to. Then be (perhaps pleasantly) surprised when the game is released :)

Back
Top Bottom