What games are you playing now?

I don't know about Metroid, sorry.

@Skaven - Not playing Kingmaker yet because I wanted to at least get to the temple heroes in the original game again before I play the expansion. I hear the expansion is twice as brutal as the original game, so I want to be ready for it!

Sounds like a good plan. I should do the same. I remember one particularly brutal level where I had to go to the forums to find out how to pass the dang thing. It involved being attacked on two sides. The solution was towers, which I still think was a copout on my part, but at the time I was desperate to pass that level.

Do you have it yet?

If not, hit gamersgate, theyre both way discounted
Majesty 2 for 8 bucks

Kingmaker for like 4 bucks

Not yet. Grabbing it this weekend. The deal on GG is tempting, but if I can I'd rather buy it from a brick & mortar store. Shouldn't be that much more. If it is too much then I'll just get it from GG later.

Maybe we can match wits one day on the multi-player maps. I don't normally do MP, but I can make an exception ;) Granted you'll probably kick my butt. I'm not that good without a save button :D

the mission that youre talking about is the one w/ the elves attacking from the north and the other faction to the west, and they are just constantly nailing you from like 2 minutes into the mission. Yeah, it's a bitch.

Like most missions, towers are your friend. Once you get Dwarves rolling, towers are really your friend. I like those little guys, I cant decide whether I like Elves or Dwarves better, they both kick ass. YOu definitely need to get the mage and rogues guild rolling even if you dont intend on using either of the heroes, due to the fact that they provide both magic and poison weapons respectively.

This time, I'm kinda doing it differently in that I'm not going for raising a ton of uber-minions every time. I instead create a guild each of pretty good lv 8-10's just to secure up the homeland, then I throw down a Hall of Lords and bust out my level 20's that Ive been building from mission to mission and have them start wrecking shit and leading everyone into battle. Warriors, meh. Rangers can be cool, but Elves are so much better. Rogues are probably the personality that I like most in the game. Theyre cheap, they have the best quotes, they know when to run, they go after all flags, and once they get their stun they really can turn the tide of a battle. The wizards can be cool, but theyre just perma-soured on me due to how many have died so inconveniently. They always tend to run right at the front of the pack as well, just irritates the hell out of me.

I'm just coffee buzz rambling now, bear with me or move on fair traveler.

I'm playing the Steam version right now, and it seems that in later patches they intro'd a few new abilities for the heros. I love the Clerics. I dont remember them having that force push type ability before, where they send an opponent sailing like 20ft. There's a couple other things that Ive noticed different, it definitely behooves you to patch up to the latest and greatest.

I think MP may be fairly infuriating in Majesty, due to not having direct control. I'd give it a shot tho.

I thought I was going to play Drakensang, but apparently my win7x64 setup doesnt want to install it… I'm appealing for help in the Drakensang forum, I'm hoping that I can get it sorted out because it looks like a cool game.

That was the mission. Constant bombardment from both sides. I only stood a chance once I had those Dwarf Towers killing of those tossers before they could do any real damage.

I don't think the clerics had that ability either. They were a must to keep around for their healing ability, but I don't recall them tossing anyone around.

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with Drakensang. Post the fix when you find it because I've got Win7x64 as well and would like to play that one again one day.

beat the dragon Ranfir, then sided w/ Krypta in the next mission where you have to decide between Agrela and Krypta. By the time Agrelas priestesses started attacking me, I'm sorry - it was laughable. They were totally slaughtered in the blink of an eye.
Key to this mission was rangers, theyre good for the dragons.

Next up is one of my favorite missions in the game, the "Trouble with the Afterlife", in which you have to destroy the Lich.

they just released (on the 5th) another expansion, I just found out about it on Impulse -
"Battles of Ardania"

youtube trailer

and one from the official site forum

Last edited:
There are 2 expansions? Thanks.

I didn't expect 2 expansions to released so close together .

Right now I am finishing the flames of vengeance addon for divinity 2......

However, I am at a loss of what to play next:
I have FO: New Vegas, KOTOR 2 (with the TSLRP 1.7 mod), Gray Matter, finishing Dead Space, Arcania
Can anyone give me a recommendaion ? There are several difficulties, however:
I would like to finish Dead SPace (I`m holfway through), however tight now I am not in the mood for horror games....
Concerning KOTOR 2 I am still waiting for the M4-78 Mod, which according to the deadlystream forums is supposed to come out eventually
FO New Vegas sounds like the best of this bunch, but i`m still not sure...

ANd then I`m thinking about buying Two worlds 2, which sounds really cool, however i have not finished the first game (also about halfway through...)

Could you give me recommendations or help me decide ?

Cheers,
L.

Concerning KOTOR 2 I am still waiting for the M4-78 Mod, which according to the deadlystream forums is supposed to come out eventually

I might be wrong, but wasn't the M4-78 mod released a long time ago? Or are you simply waiting for a new version to be released?

My recommendation would be to finish Dead Space first (even though you're not in the mood for it). It's a rather short games at 10 hours or so, and I actually liked the game more when I got closer to the end.

Then I'd play KOTOR2 simply because of the fact that it's the older game of the bunch and because maybe F:NV will receive another patch while you're playing KOTOR. Plus I always find it nice to play through a developers catalogue in chronological order.

I got Drakensang working, but still Majesty II calls to me. It can be a punishing title, both in it's early-stage difficulty and addictiveness. It reminds me of when I was a child, losing a baby tooth. You wiggle the tooth, and it hurts - yet it also kinda feels good. That kinda sums up my relationship w/ the game, whether that's ultimately a good thing or not I guess depends on how you look at it.

Taking the Schnauzer for a walk, then going to get to work on destroying the Lich King!

Just finished GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony. It improved towards the end but I do think it's my least favourite of the series. It tried too hard, IMHO, to be "different" and it just ended up being a bit poor. It was the single most offensive title in the series yet, and sadly not in the good way.

So, now to find something else to get on with.

I managed to get GL Hexen II to work on my machine, so that's what I'm playing now.

Since my oldest has been monopolizing the computer to play Wizard101 with her every available hour, I decided to augment my ongoing DDO addiction with a game for the wife's DS-XL, Might and Magic- Clash of Heroes, based on a recommendation from Mike last year. Started at 11:00 this morning, looked up and it was 2:45. Yeah, pretty solid game.

On to Moorbridge again ! :)

Picked up where I left off in Fallout 3, after taking a substantial break from it. I just finished playing through the 'Operation Anchorage' DLC

All I can say is… wow! That DLC was complete and utter crap. :-/

All I can say is… wow! That DLC was complete and utter crap. :-/
I'd say it's the worst of the DLC, but it's still far better than many DLC releases from other companies. The best bit about it, in my opinion, is all the free stuff at the end AND it's the only way to get Power Armour Training without doing the main quest line.

It was just incredibly boring to play though, and on top of that the AI was horribly broken in some parts.

The AI in the main game isn't great to begin with, but the AI in Operation Anchorage made it look brilliant by comparison. My squad members would suddenly run off in the middle of a firefight, or just stand there while an enemy was right next to them firing at me!

I'm just glad I'm done with, and I'm looking forward to the other DLC, which I know are a lot better.

I just started to replay Lands of Lore 3... as a Fighter/Thief this time. Think I like this combo better than the Taliban- err, I mean Talamari/Bacchanal combo of my first playthrough back in '99 or 2000 (or whenever it was).

After watching the Wild Dogs play Wizard101 non-stop over the long weekend, I decided to rack up a little "family time" by allowing them to coach me thru the opening of the game. I'm up to level 5 and the kids seem to think I'm doing reasonably well.

The game itself is pretty hum-drum, but I am enjoying sharing gaming time with the girls.

Back
Top Bottom