Dragon Age - News Roundup

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A handful of items for Dragon Age, today, so I'll collect them here.
First, I think we've neglected to mention Dragon Age: Journeys before. This Flash game uses characters and monsters from the full game and looks like it will be a bit of fun when it is released in "October". Check out the official page here and read a blog entry at the Bioblog.
Four more music clips have been added at the official site:
  • Human Nobility
  • Ferelden at War
  • Ruins of Ostagar
  • I am the One
(No direct link because of the Flash)
GamerZines has Part 2 of their interview with Mike Laidlaw:
GZ: Do you think there is ever a risk when releasing a toolset, that you strip away some of the magic of the game? Because people can see how you have done things and de-construct the story?
ML: I don't think so, I think that the users who are going to dig in and see how things work would probably do that anyway, no matter what we did. It becomes like a meta-game where they take our game apart to see what makes it tick and that's fully accessible, which is something we should be encouraging. We don't want to think of gaming as an elite thing that nobody understands. We want to throw open the doors and let people see how we did it. Now for everyone else there's a chance they might get some spoilers out of it but I think you'll probably have to go looking for them. For the average gamer who is just interested in playing the game they'll get infinitely more benefit out of a community who'll understand the mechanics and will do additional content for them. They see way more benefit than they do loss.
Over at Games.on.net you'll find a video interview with Dr Greg Zeschuk and there's a new GameStop Behind the Scenes video.
More information.

I don't play flash games, but if I did this one looks like it could be fun. Gotta love a hex map for turnbased combat. :)

Does anyone know if this will be free like The Witchers browser game? Either way I wouldn't mind traveling the Deep Roads. It was one of the best parts from the book. I know it's a standard cliche in fantasy writing to have an underground road that was built by dwarves, but taken over by monsters. I don't really care. I love me some underground fighting mixed in with ancient ruins.

I wonder if there will be more lore on those really big statues of dwarves (I think they were called paragons).

Gaming Trend's Ron Burke has a very nice preview/hands-on thingie regarding Dragon Age: Origins

Here's the first part:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/Articles/articles.php?artID=498

Here's part 2/2:

http://www.gamingtrend.com/Articles/articles.php?artID=503

Don't read these if you tend to avoid spoiler at all cost.

Ron Burke, who did the preview played a Elven mage for about 10.5 hours (16% of the full game); very nice things to say about the mage origin and the game, he has.

The first part is part spoiler, part interview with Mike Laidlaw, and other devs. from Bioware, the second part is generel info about the game, and a huge spoiler about the mage origin. Not so much that it'll ruin anything. Most of it people who've follewed DA: Origins will already be known to them...

It's a good read, though...

That 2 part gaming trend article has finally made me excited about this game.

It does have a few spoilers but I'm sure I'll have completely forgotten them by the time the game gets here in a few weeks. Definitely worth reading.

Back
Top Bottom