What games are you playing now?

Alpha Protocol is much more of an RPG than half of the mediocre rubbish being mentioned in the last couple of pages. :p
Definitely worthy of a replay to check the various narrative endings, so good one Crilloan.

I'm getting towards the end of Avernum: Escape from the Pit, but otherwise didn't quite play as much over the holidays as I intended to from the outset. I recently finished Rage as well (disappointing and short, not a great combination) and have also installed Stalker: Clear Sky with the "Complete mod" to try out when I'm next after some more post-apocalyptica. It's the only mod of that kind I'm yet to test actually.

No one is debating that AP is an RPG.. just if it's any good. ;)

I didn't like it, but I'm glad there are some who did.

You thought Rage was short? I thought it was quite long for a modern FPS. What were you expecting?

No one is debating that AP is an RPG.. just if it's any good. ;)

I didn't like it, but I'm glad there are some who did.

You thought Rage was short? I thought it was quite long for a modern FPS. What were you expecting?

I liked AP better than the Mass Effect games, but then I have a weakness for Obsidian.

On shooters, I very much enjoyed Spec Ops ... Definitely short but some cool stuff packed in there to mix it up.

Of course, I am still playing Dungeon Lords alongside Borderlands 2 and Torchlight II ... So what do I now?!?

Playing the walking dead on iPad. Only first 2 episodes released so far. Works well with touch controls.

Restarted game of thrones on pc. Still don't understand the negative reviews.

That will probably change tomorrow though with the release of dishonored and XCOM.

Since Sammie did it... I'm playing a LOT of Wrath of Ashardalon right now. One in the DnD Adventure Series board games. Great, fully-coop, no-DM, dungeon crawling fun. You can play solo or up to 5 players. Seems they took all the lessons learned from previous dungeon crawl board games (e.g. Heroquest and Warhammer Quest) and fashioned a winner. Parts can be combined across all three games (Castle Ravenloft and Legend of Drizzt are the other two) to make custom scenarios, campaigns, whatever. Lots of folks have already published fee adventures doing so, including WotC themselves. Check the BoardGameGeek pages. Highly recommended.

Tried demo of Torchlight 2. Could tell in about half an hour that I wasn't going to like it much. Too.... meh. Seems like lots of... stuff, but not much meat. Kinda like Civ IV. And the killin' is WAY more visceral and fun in D3, not to mention the atmosphere.

I think I was more in love with the concept and premise of Rage than anything else (A modern Mad Max/Autoduel meets Doom with some open world exploration = yes please!) and as an FPS it was solid in parts, but maybe I was expecting a little more from Id Software after all these years.

It just felt very derivative and "me too" as far as the setting is concerned (particularly of Borderlands) and wasn't as large or open as I'd hoped.
Still, there were some fun touches - I almost leaped out of my chair when I heard the Wolfenstein door opening sound effect and discovered the Id-developers room.

Still, there were some fun touches - I almost leaped out of my chair when I heard the Wolfenstein door opening sound effect and discovered the Id-developers room.

Rage had some great Easter Eggs. Here are a couple I found with a little help. :)

Attachments

• 2012-02-23_00001.jpg
    2012-02-23_00001.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 2012-02-22_00001.jpg
    2012-02-22_00001.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 179
  • 2012-02-21_00002.jpg
    2012-02-21_00002.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 2012-02-16_00001.jpg
    2012-02-16_00001.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 2012-02-16_00002.jpg
    2012-02-16_00002.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 179
Awwww, those easter eggs remind me ... I need to play more of Doom and Quake. Haven't played them in at least three months.

Just playing? Apart from the Facebook Sims game you mean? Skyrim with the Hearthfire addon. I like building houses just as much as I like interior decoration, yessir.

There are games worth replaying, but Alpha Protocol certainly isn't one of them. :)

Well, I had trouble choosing which game to play so I ended up on a replay run.
I like the atmosphere of the game and the setting. Controls are still wonky though, probably because you are supposed to use a controller, which I refuse to to on PC.

I would love more games with a contemporary setting and espionage.

Have a Vampire game going but been to tired to continue it since I started a new job.

Thats rather sad, Im to tired to play games so I spend time on this site instead reading about them ;-)

C

Playing Xcom....so far so fun. Really brings back some great memories of the first game during the 90's. I'm only a few missions in so far, kinda worried that the single player game might be short. I wish they hadn't wasted money on multiplayer, but right now I'm hoping that if there's an expansion it will focus on more single player content.

-Carn

I've played ME1 enough to decide I hate its inventory. Not so bad to equip or pickup stuff, but to sell. What a nightmare. One large long unsorted list ala Fallout but MUCH longer. They should have put in a few filters and sorting. Would it have been that hard, rather than ripping it out entirely for ME2? amazingly stupid.

Playing The Spirit Engine 2. It has tactical combat, which is one of my favourite RPG elements. The combat is not easy and the game throws unusual boss battles at you quite quickly. You have to decide how to assign your skill points before the battle, then in battles you pick which ones to use and the timing. It's a 2D side scroller, so the combat is in a straight line, and you have to keep swapping the party order to make sure the person in front stays alive. Thank goodness you can pause to think, because it gets quite hectic. Choose badly, and you die. Great brain teaser.

Just picked up Retro City Rampage. If you like games with tons of pop culture references and humor, it's pretty good. It's otherwise similar to the original GTA games. I haven't gotten far, and it has bugged out on me, so save often.

back to Spellforce II. Love this game, i have to include the Spellforce games in what i consider the "classics" of gaming. I can return to it at any time, be instantly comfortable playing it, and having fun in no time.

NOW, if i can just get Sacrifice working on win7x64 for me, i'll be a happy camper...

Bopping back and forth between XCOM, Borderlands 2, Torchlight II, and Dungeon Lords ... Fun game times :)

I am play a TON of FTL. I love this game so much!

Started playing Torchlight to kill some time, and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. Currently a level 17 Alchemist in the Estherian Ruins.

In between life's chaos, have taken a break from Guild Wars 2 to play some Borderlands 2. Both good games, but, ironically, BL2 seems to be more of a multiplayer game than GW2.

Back
Top Bottom