Dragon Age - Hands On @ Eurogamer

I hope they can get the balance right so I can micro managem characters and also let the AI take over.

Some battles I like micromanaging things until it becomes a work of art and everything comes together perfectly.

Other I like playing one character and seeing what the rest of the group does. Sometimes they are surpisingly smart and others it is nearly a constant /face palm.
Hopefully DA has a lot more AI settings than NWN2. By SOZ it was passable but there could be a lot more options. I imagine I will have a lot of fun tailoring the AI of characters until they can do there own thing. Hearing this made me a LOT more likely to pre-order.

I think the glorified scripts that are Tactics will be an awesome feature. To me it sounds like more fun to come up with optimal tactics between fights and then see how it plays out while mostly controlling my own main character, than to give all those orders manually every time. That way you can have the party fighting like you want it with your mind focused on the unique things in different fight, rather than the generic.

Yeah, the ai scripting, if comparable to FFXII's system is a big plus for me. I like planning things out ahead and setting things into motion. I just hope its advanced enough not to feel cramped. The "ai settings" in NWN was completely useless.

Back
Top Bottom