Grimoire - is there really hope?

Cleve just changed the date to Fall 2009 for Grimoire. He also changed the hidden text to "The singularity approaches!" He isn't usually this on the ball about updating the dates after missing a deadline. Maybe he actually is starting to get serious about finishing it.

Is that site really his?
I mean, is it still he who updates the front page?

Items finished, all 900+ of them. Big milestone. This includes all the roleplaying items like monster weapons which are invisible to the player. Lots and lots of meticulous editing of all their properties and each individual setting to get it just right for combat and game challenge.

Scenario is complete. No empty chests, no faulty logic, no missing ends.

Now working on Monsters. Should take me two weeks to get them all adjusted just a little more for completeness.

Then wandering monster/random encounter database polished off, ambient sounds data, a tiny bit of spells editing should all happen before end of December.

2009 was a long haul but worth it.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Great to hear from you Cleve. Call me why don't you, I only live a short hop away from you!! :)

What's kinda funny is that the graphics are so outdated by now, that even if he releases it, only the most dedicated crpg players will even look at it. Of course, I'm one of those folks, so I'll be game if it's really cheap or free. I really think Cleve should hold the release date back until D.W. Bradley dies of old age.

Well, based on his games, I think DW died quite some time ago. ;)

LOL.

Graphics don't make a game. They can break it, but they don't make it. Too many ASCII Rogue-likes that vastly out-strip the best commercial sludge out there to believe it needs top notch 3D visuals.

Besides, games like World of Goo are doing quite well without fancy graphics. And Mega Man 9 sold well with NES-style graphics.

If it comes out, I'll purchase it. Heck, if you can pull it before year's end, I'll buy one for my brother as well.

However, I believe it'll be out after my children's grandchildren are old and decrepit.

Yes, that's quite an accomplishment indeed ...

This looks just great. :) I mean, the whole page bursts of what we call "Vorfreude" (the actual feeling of looking forward to something) ... :)

"Grimoire - is there really hope?"

That all depends on what you are hoping for.

If you are hoping Grimoire will be released and playable in your lifetime, probably not.

If you are hoping it will be the vaporware that just keeps on giving year after year after year, boy are you in luck. Now that Duke Nukem Forever has bitten the dust, Grimoire has to live on in development hell for the rest of eternity.

Invisible tagline: The impossible is about to happen!

itz coming

I tried to get a sneak preview from a friend of mine but this happened to him the second it booted up on his screen:

raiders4.jpg

... so I have to keep it under wraps until March.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Cleve just changed the date to Fall 2009 for Grimoire. He also changed the hidden text to "The singularity approaches!" He isn't usually this on the ball about updating the dates after missing a deadline. Maybe he actually is starting to get serious about finishing it.

He can't get "serious" about "finishing it", because if he did, it would mean the practical joke (footnote 1) would be over.

-peterb

Footnote 1: This, of course, is proof that something can be a practical joke and still be tediously, painfully, embarrassingly unfunny.

Back
Top Bottom