Russian RPG

Allsvinn

Watcher
Hi guys!

I'm haven't posted here before, although I have been browsing the forums for some time.

The reason why I'm posting now is that I've started learning Russian. I thought that perhaps a nice way to help my learning process is by playing an RPG in Russian. It would have to have some dialogue (with audio) and I have to be able to look up every word in the dictionary, so the dialogue text has to be frozen for each sentence or paragraph (I hope you know what I'm trying to say). Does anyone have any idea for a game which could be nice in that way? And where to get it in Russian?

Any help would be appreciated! ;)

The only rpg I know of, that might be in Russian, is Evil Islands - Curse of the Lost Soul, since it was developed by Nival, a Russian company. And there's also a sequel or an addon for it I believe that is available only in russian. But I have no idea where you might be able to get it in Russian.

Actually, wasn't Space Rangers 2 done by a Russian company? The text on that one comes up a screen at a time, although there's no audio so it would only help your reading skills.

thanks a bunch for the help guys! I'll check those games out. Actually, I know that Fallout 3 has a russian edition, maybe I could try that too. I got a hold of arx fatalis, but I didn't know that the text just scrolled there and there was no way to pause ;S

King's Bounty was a Russian game first and Kohan is a bit of a cultural phenomenon over there but TBH I don't know why.

You could always play Tetris.

There's also the Golden Land games, a series of Baldur's Gate style RPGs that was never released in English.

well, i dont think that you can enjoy a good RPG if you just started to learn russian. But if you want...

most of released RPGs have a russian edition, but there are some only released in russian:

Dungeon Cleaners and Dungeon Cleaners 2 are very good RPGs but the language used there is full of prison slang and hard tio understand even for native speakers.
Kniaz (Konung) and Kniaz 2 are much easier to understand but not so good as RPG imo. Dantre already mentions Zlatogorje (Goldenlands).

Goldenland....why were those never released in english...or at least an english patch?

I have the spanish version of Goldenland. Can you believe that? Spanish version but no English version.

How is it in Spanish? I was waiting for that game forever since we reported on it but year after year there was no English version. They've even taken it to E3 in years past. Is there any talk of a fan made translation patch like they do to those Japanese games?

I remember G2 has a mode made by russian fans. It's both in russian and english.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom