Borderlands 2 - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Review Roundup # 1

aries100

SasqWatch
Gameshampoo has reviewed this dlc giving it a score of 8.5/10 . A snip from the review:
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt represents perhaps the biggest shift in visual tone for the game since it has been released, and that's much appreciated. It goes a long way towards making the game's enemies and weapons feel new and fresh again, something that does the heart well after pumping over 100 hours into the massive game. Clearly, a lot of effort was put into the design of the new enemies. Facing down the tribally terrifying Witch Doctor or the tricky Floating Spores is always a blast.
Metro has also reviewed this dlc, score is 7/10 . A snip from the review:
The new area called Aegrus is based on a sort of ’30s Hollywood view of Africa, but although it’s all clearly meant to be a joke – an attack even, on the romanticising of colonialism – it doesn’t quite work. At the end of the day you’re still shooting stereotyped natives dressed in loincloths and voodoo masks, which is not the same sort of distasteful we usually expect from Borderlands. The add-on’s best jokes are still all smutty innuendo and pop culture references. And so rather than purposefully trying to make you feel uncomfortable it instead feels more like the developers themselves started to get cold feet halfway through.
Eurogamer's review for this dlc concludes with a score of 8/10 . A snip from the review:
What they are entirely comfortable with, however, is creating another memorable guest star in the shape of Professor Nakayama, an evil scientist in the making who's both cripplingly aware of his own shortcomings and woefully unprepared for the task of world domination he's given himself. An enthusiastic acolyte of Handsome Jack, the dark Disney prince of Borderlands 2's central campaign, Nakayama's hit upon the idea of cloning his psychotic hero, thus taking control of Pandora. The storyline that unfolds is fairly compact compared to those of the previous two add-on episodes, but it's still stuffed with a series of decent boss battles, a truly stellar final joke, and an armory to raid that, for me at least, offered some of the best loot I've ever netted in a single session.
These three websites have also posted reviews for this dlc:

Crave Online, 6/10

Complex Gaming, 9/10

MTV Multiplayer, scoreless

More information.

Having now finished it…it wasn't so great. Only four locations, reused assets, sloppy design…I wish Gearbox wouldn't have outsourced all their DLC…they did trick us pretty good with the Season Pass…and I do feel slightly offended since I was expecting four GEARBOX DLCs.

Still, this DLC shows how insanely fun BL2 is in general because despite this DLC being all about unfulfilled potential, it still was fun while it lasted. This is really a mini-DLC, just a few hour romp rather than a full visit to a new exciting place. Oh well. But giving it an 8 or 9? LOLNO.

Back
Top Bottom