Dragon Age 2 - Demo Tidbits

It's like RPG Codex up in this joint. Seriously.

Butthurt detected...
Initializing snide remark...

Hahaha, you're such a faggot if you think that, the KKKodex is kooler and more
X-treme (like collar grabbin' you) in it's opinion.

The ones that say they hate it are either gunna torrent it, masturbate and weep as they hate it and play (most codexers are like this) it or buy it in a bargin bin.

Snide remark ended...
Entering lurk mode...

The ones that say they hate it are either gunna torrent it, masturbate and weep as they hate it and play (most codexers are like this) it or buy it in a bargin bin.

That summarizes them pretty well.

Sadly that summarizes the reactions to DA2 on pretty much every PC forum also. I can only guess it's because the original game was such a PC game that despite it's flaws people are personally insulted they changed it, like Halo becoming an Xbox game all over again or something.

It's like RPG Codex up in this joint. Seriously.

Hey I happen to be a member of that site and feel insulted. Still you cant please anyone on that site.:mad: At least you can read the comments and laugh.

Butthurt detected…
Initializing snide remark…

Hahaha, you're such a faggot if you think that, the KKKodex is kooler and more
X-treme (like collar grabbin' you) in it's opinion.

Snide remark ended…
Entering lurk mode…

As for you I will ignore the troll like post but say I agree.:clap:

At least the increasingly few people intent on loving everything about Bioware are present on most forums as well, so it's not all bad :)

There will always be people late in the opening-your-eyes game.

At least the increasingly few people intent on loving everything about Bioware are present on most forums as well, so it's not all bad :)

There will always be people late in the opening-your-eyes game.

Well we can't all be as enlightened and all-knowing as you are.

I played the demo yesterday. And I wondered and pondered about the combat animations. They are very fast (which is good thing, imo). However, Bioware still can't do pathfinding correctly. Many times, I ordered my toons to go from one place to another; they didn't! It was as if they had a will of their own(maybe they do?)
And many times, Carver, Wesley and my female rogue just kicked and struck at - ahem - nothing. And the rogue's backstab ability? I bet an enemy would it if a rigue suddenly vanished and then showed with a lot of noise behind - oh - let's say - an ogre. What happened to sneaking and then streaking - silently? They'd better have toned the combat animations down a bit - or a lot - before the full version is released in about 4-5 weeks.

The userinterface (GUI) seems to be one of the best, well-structured and most logical I've seen in any game, let alone an rpg game. The story in the demo is sort of -meh-; things got interesting when Flemeth made an appeareance. And then it sort of went downhill storytelling wise. I'm not sure what the point of the framed narrative (Varric re-telling the story) really is. Hopefully this will be cleared up in the full game...

Also, I don't like the cinematic presentation of the game, or rather more the art direction in the game. It feels, or rather looks, like the Dragon Effect game some people have warned about; I like the dialogue wheel, however. [Still, I don't understand why every Bioware (and EA) game looks like a movie...and probably plays like one, too?...]

The quest at the end of the demo seemed felt tacked on, just to calm down the hardcore fans. It sort of says 'don't worry, da2 is still an rpg'. As for the combat, it really shows that Bioware (and EA) want the Call of Duty audience to play this game. The combat feels like the combat in Call of Duty....the question is whether or not CoD players will like the story, the quest, the dialogue?

Well we can't all be as enlightened and all-knowing as you are.

Don't you mean special? :)

You have a way of being full of yourself without being upfront about it, and I'll take my superior insight over that any day :p

In any case, I'm quite sure EA/Bioware top-people appreciate your blind support - so keep up the mission!

It must be fulfilling to be so smug and condescending, since you do it so often.

When you're special, all-knowing, and enlightened - it's kinda hard not to talk down to people.

I'm pretty sure it's preferable to the "strategic" let's-be-the-victim-and-throw-veiled-insults-and-try-to-get-others-to-join-in approach.

But maybe you can answer that?

When you're special, all-knowing, and enlightened - it's kinda hard not to talk down to people.

I'm pretty sure it's preferable to the "strategic" let's-be-the-victim-and-throw-veiled-insults-and-try-to-get-others-to-join-in approach.

But maybe you can answer that?

The simple fact of the matter is that they released a demo of the game, I played it, and I liked it. You act like that is some failing on my part, that I am missing the obvious FACT that it's a bad game, and that is what makes you a smug bastard.

The simple fact of the matter is that they released a demo of the game, I played it, and I liked it. You act like that is some failing on my part, that I am missing the obvious FACT that it's a bad game, and that is what makes you a smug bastard.

I think you got it wrong. You've been endlessly accusing people with grievances of hating on Bioware mindlessly. Even going so far as saying the Watch is now like the Codex.

I simply turned it around to wake you up a bit.

I realise that you like what you played, and you really mean it. I thought the demo was pretty bad - but there were some highlights, and I don't hate it by any means. I just think it's another step on a very bad road for Bioware - well, for enthusiast fans of their past games, but it'll take a few more games before they turn out something genuinely bad.

However, I don't think for a second you honestly believe I - and others - can dislike the game without being mindless Bioware bashers. You certainly haven't given off any sign of that being possible. You just decided, somewhere along the way, that people would hate the demo - and when you hear comments, you'll make it fit into your image of Bioware haters.

That's what makes YOU smug, but you're obviously not the sort of person willing to be upfront about your conceited notion of being right without giving people a chance. So, you'll keep up the pretense of being the innocent-victim of smug people or hateful bashers. Not particularly impressive, but I'm used to that sort of thing.

I'm smug openly - because I know it provokes people like you :)

But, I don't think you're a bastard - you're just human like the rest of us.

Maybe if you accepted that people can dislike the work Bioware is doing without being mindless, you'd have a much easier time reading criticisms about their games.

I think you got it wrong. You've been endlessly accusing people with grievances of hating on Bioware mindlessly. Even going so far as saying the Watch is now like the Codex.

The wealth of negativity around this title reminds of the Codex, which is basically 24/7 negativity. That's all I meant and I didn't specify anyone, get personal or tell people they were dumb to have a certain opinion.

I simply turned it around to wake you up a bit.

I realise that you like what you played, and you really mean it. I thought the demo was pretty bad - but there were some highlights, and I don't hate it by any means. I just think it's another step on a very bad road for Bioware - well, for enthusiast fans of their past games, but it'll take a few more games before they turn out something genuinely bad.

However, I don't think for a second you honestly believe I - and others - can dislike the game without being mindless Bioware bashers. You certainly haven't given off any sign of that being possible. You just decided, somewhere along the way, that people would hate the demo - and when you hear comments, you'll make it fit into your image of Bioware haters.

That's what makes YOU smug, but you're obviously not the sort of person willing to be upfront about your conceited notion of being right without giving people a chance. So, you'll keep up the pretense of being the innocent-victim of smug people or hateful bashers. Not particularly impressive, but I'm used to that sort of thing.

I'm smug openly - because I know it provokes people like you :)

But, I don't think you're a bastard - you're just human like the rest of us.

Maybe if you accepted that people can dislike the work Bioware is doing without being mindless, you'd have a much easier time reading criticisms about their games.

More condescension and smugness, and you try to say "well you started it" to justify yourself but I don't believe I did. In any case we'll get along better if you just stop responding to my posts with your little smug superior comments with smiley faces at the end of them.

I'll try my best to ignore you, several people have PM'd me to tell me you're like this with everyone and most people try to ignore you. I'm just bad at that I guess.

Every forum has that guy that enjoys annoying people.

Yep, and Dart is one of those guys!! :) For real fun though, you need to spend more time in the P&R forum!!!! :D

I think you got it wrong. You've been endlessly accusing people with grievances of hating on Bioware mindlessly. Even going so far as saying the Watch is now like the Codex..

Yeah Bioware hate and obsession plus Codex mood crap coming here, exactly my feeling too.

That you don't see it… Well it's perhaps a sign that it's time for you to go at Codex to train there your talents of dueling arguing.

The wealth of negativity around this title reminds of the Codex, which is basically 24/7 negativity. That's all I meant and I didn't specify anyone, get personal or tell people they were dumb to have a certain opinion.

More condescension and smugness, and you try to say "well you started it" to justify yourself but I don't believe I did. In any case we'll get along better if you just stop responding to my posts with your little smug superior comments with smiley faces at the end of them.

I'll try my best to ignore you, several people have PM'd me to tell me you're like this with everyone and most people try to ignore you. I'm just bad at that I guess.

Honestly, it has gotten bad around here. It started about a year ago and has been sliding. Dart thinks for some reason his superior in what is good and what isn't. Basically the type of guy that when he talks to you he gets all condescending and you want to punch in the face. It's his thing, he needs this or I guess he just feels alone. Who knows, it's pathetic but let him.

We have got to the point on this site that if it isn't a european game, its shit. (Not saying european games are bad, just not the perfect shinning examples of greatness many on here believe)

Mark my words, half these guys will play it for 40 some hours and then tell you they hates it from the start but yet…played 40 hours.

holy christ dart, you did a character study of yourself:

I'm not saying you got personal, I'm saying I turned it around to make it obvious how silly it is to think people WANT to dislike something no matter what arguments they have.

We don't have to be the Codex because we don't like what Bioware is doing, and we can actually have good points.

It's equally silly to think everyone who likes Bioware must do so because they're "fanbois" - because obviously many simply like what they do. That was what I tried to demonstrate by playing your part in reverse.

I'm not trying to justify anything - nor do I feel the need to.

As long as you keep interpreting everything I say in a negative light, I'll most likely respond in a way that you won't appreciate.

So, if you don't want my smug remarks - you shouldn't respond with "we can't all be as special as you" when it's not called for. That's something in your mind about me, because you don't understand me. If you don't want to understand, that's quite alright - but don't get personal and expect something else in return.

There's an ignore function that works well.

I think PM business should stay personal. No need to drag it out here. If people said something about me in a PM, maybe you shouldn't talk about it here?

Maybe it's a little "rallying call" so all who agree can join in and let it out? :)

I'm not here to be liked or popular, and whatever people say about me behind my back is of very little interest to me.

That said, if you're the sort of person who judge people based on what a bunch of strangers tell you behind their backs - then let's just say we're different in that way. I like to see people for what they are, based on what they say and how consistent they are.

So far, you've been unable to see yourself in our little exchanges.

I'm well aware that I'm very annoying to a certain kind of people. Not a big problem with me, to be honest. That's inevitable when you speak your mind about most things and you don't really bother to wrap what you say in neat little packages. People will always find that a pain in the ass, but I find that some actually come to appreciate my honesty. Those who don't, well….

All people on all forums enjoy that from time to time.

Last edited:
Honestly, it has gotten bad around here. It started about a year ago and has been sliding. Dart thinks for some reason his superior in what is good and what isn't. Basically the type of guy that when he talks to you he gets all condescending and you want to punch in the face. It's his thing, he needs this or I guess he just feels alone. Who knows, it's pathetic but let him.

We have got to the point on this site that if it isn't a european game, its shit. (Not saying european games are bad, just not the perfect shinning examples of greatness many on here believe)

Mark my words, half these guys will play it for 40 some hours and then tell you they hates it from the start but yet…played 40 hours.

You want to punch me in the face?

A stranger you never met saying things you don't agree with in a way you don't like on the net, and you want to punch him… That's a bit aggressive, isn't it.

Sometimes people don't need to feel superior to have others feel inferior.

"I'm pathetic, and I feel alone…." and yet I'm the one getting personal? :)

holy christ dart, you did a character study of yourself:

Now you're reaching :)

I'm upfront about believing I'm right - or I wouldn't be arguing like I do.

I don't think I've ever played the victim - so that's a bit off.

As for the smug-bit, that's quite true. I can be very smug - especially to dishonest people - or those not capable of admitting their own faults.

So, not quite the character study of myself :)

Last edited:
Let's stop the personalities and just discuss the games please.

Back
Top Bottom