Neverwinter - Q&A with Lead Producer Andy Valasquez

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Got Game has a new Q&A interview with Neverwinter's Lead Producer Andy Valasquez.

With over 2 million subscribers, would you say Neverwinter is a success?

Yeah. Absolutely I would.

A lot of fans are looking forward to new classes. When can we expect to see a Ranger or Druid class?

Within the next few months you can expect to see the floodgates open with information about our next planned class. We have been developing it for a while and it is shaping up to be really awesome.

I know everyone is very anxious to get their hands on the next class and we are working hard to make that happen. Our classes are incredibly important to us and we want to make sure that when they come out they are AWESOME. So, we are taking the time we feel we need to in order to really make them feel unique, powerful, true to their D&D roots and most importantly FUN.

Hopefully you folks will agree once you finally get your hands on them that the time was worth it.

How often are we to expect new content?

Our goal is to get significant content and systems updates to ya’ll every few months.

If you look at our game since OBT which was only a few short months ago we put out Gauntlgrym, a brand new gameplay mode, and we already have another major release coming this month with Fury of the Feywild.

Fury of the Feywild isn’t even out yet and we are already getting plans rolling for our next module so you should expect more of the same dedication to new features from us.
More information.

I really want to play a new D&D game, but I just checked this game out (I thought it was still in beta) and though it's free they want you to pay 59.99 to play as a Moon Elf.

Not that I want to play as one, but it just seems so outrageous to pay such a ridiculous sum of money for a race and their companion creature. Will it cost the same amount to, say, play as a Drow and *unlock* dual-wielding?

I'd rather just pay them 59.99 for *everything* day one and not have to worry about being nickel and dimed. Or "Ten and twenty'ed" as it were.

That's seems like a hefty price for one playable race.

I want a new d&d game too, but I don't want another MMO. I tried ddo a few months back and just couldn't get into it. I want a well crafted, single player d&d game…. Maybe dragonlance for a change! :)

I want a new d&d game too, but I don't want another MMO. I tried ddo a few months back and just couldn't get into it. I want a well crafted, single player d&d game…. Maybe dragonlance for a chchange! :)
I wanted Obsidian or maybe Bioware to make another on also , but it seems less likely every year. Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast only seem interested in online game now.

I wouldn't mind another Dragonlace or DarkSun game myself also as it has been a while. SSI was the last company to make those.

Bioware ? You've gotta be kidding, right ?

Chaos Chronicles was the hope for a new D&D game, unfortunately.
No I am not. There the ones that made Neverwinter in the first place. Without them and Obsidian no one would care about the games.

The rampant Bioware hate that has taken over the internet in the last three years is getting tiresome. Evey topic and thread that talks about Bioware has it.

I might grumble about the changes, but I loved every game made by both studios pros and cons.:)

Last edited:
With over 2 million subscribers, would you say Neverwinter is a success?

Yeah. Absolutely I would.
Good for them, I plan to be among billions who refuse to subscribe. And will refuse to buy pay2win items in p2w f2p model.

Good for them, I plan to be among billions who refuse to subscribe. And will refuse to buy pay2win items in p2w f2p model.
You don't need to buy anything, but you are extremely handicapped if you don't. This is the one thing that makes F2P unplayable for me half the time.

So in short I agree.;)

No I am not. There the ones that made Neverwinter in the first place. Without them and Obsidian no one would care about the games.

The rampant Bioware hate that has taken over the internet in the last three years is getting tiresome. Evey topic and thread that talks about Bioware has it.

I might grumble about the changes, but I loved every game made by both studios pros and cons.:)
Bioware now makes cinematic games with action-y gameplay, romances and dialog choices that lead to the same conclusion. Not my idea of a good d&d game.

Obsidian, I would trust a lot more. It would have to be a kickstarter though, so they don't have publishers forcing design decisions on them, to try and appeal to a wider audience.

Yea, I know Project Eternity is RtwP and not TB, but hopefully they'd have the common sense to make it TB, being as how it would be a d&d game.

Back
Top Bottom