Bethesda Softworks - Fallout 4 Leak?

When did Obsidian say they were starting work on New Vegas 2?

FO:NV2 - not gonna happen.
Reasons?
- Bethesda is not stupid like Interplay and won't sell the license cow that can be milked endlessly nor will make console BoS crap games
- Obsidian pretty much closed the story in NV and if they get to make another FO game, they'll want to move to another area where more sidestories/sidequests can be added safely without overcrossing the lore

FO:NV2 - not gonna happen.
Reasons?
- Bethesda is not stupid like Interplay and won't sell the license cow that can be milked endlessly nor will make console BoS crap games
- Obsidian pretty much closed the story in NV and if they get to make another FO game, they'll want to move to another area where more sidestories/sidequests can be added safely without overcrossing the lore

Nah, if Bethesda can make money off of two games in a narrow window of time, even if the 2nd is a commission, they'd be stupid not to do it. Plus NV and FO3 appealed, with overlap of course, to different types of fans as they were almost completely different experiences, despite having similar systems.

I used "New Vegas 2" more as a placeholder as it also doesn't have to be set around Vegas, and frankly I hope it isn't. But the whole desert/scrub/mountain wasteland survival niche can be done in any number of areas around the West Coast-- including San Fran, since Bethesda seems to want to keep things on the East Coast. There's more than enough story left to be told.

He talks about The Institute and the people who control it as well as the androids who are used for labor. I don't recall if he actually uses the term "railroad" though. I chose to keep his secret, and I remember getting a unique gun from him in return.

Railroad is the group of people who work towards freeing the sla… androids.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Railroad

What I do not remember is whether there was any mention of a "plantation" group. I think there was only reference to the institute itself.

How do these:

"Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim""

"… want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim…"

lead to this, in the next sentence:

"Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks."

Yeah, the whole affair does not make a whole lot of sense overall as pointed out…

Probably someone threw it out there to bait the fans ;)

It could be a series of trial balloons to see which the community resonates with, not necessarily consistent altogether. Strange sneaky way of doing business, but Not much different from the past.

That being said, the departure from cannon lore will probably be a negative, since Bethesda isn't very good at storytelling and characters anymore.

I also am not sure what they mean by 50's cyberpunk ? Decopunk ala Bioshock ?
That could work if done tastefully and kept enough of the original series flavor when it came to the science bits…

This is what I would love. I don't know if it is right for Fallout, but I would really like to see something with that Decopunk style of Bioshock.

Steampunk would be nice too.

I liked Fallout 3 but it was still a little too brown for my taste (even though it fit the nature of the game). Even in a post apocalyptic game, I like a certain amt of colorful eye candy, lol.

Steampunk? No thanks. That would seem really out of place in a Fallout game. I kinda feel the same way about Cyberpunk too, although I guess I wouldn't mine seeing post-apocalyptic remnants of it in some form.

Just stick to the post-apocalypse with the 50's sci-fi flavor.

Well, assuming this rumor has any bearing in reality, I'm pleased that they are willing to take the franchise in some new directions. There's no reason that the formula used in Fallout 1 & 2 should be applied in a cookie-cutter fashion in every region. Instead, the isolation created by the war should have allowed distinctly different circumstances to evolve.

Cyberpunk is just a generic term for high tech combined with social breakdown—you've already got that with the post-apocalyptic setting combined with the "mad scientist" elements. Making androids a core element just amplifies the high tech aspect. As long as they give the science a distinctly 50's look and sensibility, it should work.

Cyberpunk is just a generic term for high tech combined with social breakdown—you've already got that with the post-apocalyptic setting combined with the "mad scientist" elements. Making androids a core element just amplifies the high tech aspect. As long as they give the science a distinctly 50's look and sensibility, it should work.

Exactly, Now if they want to give a more art-deco flavor and advanced look in one area I'd be cool with that, as I was saying.

Its just that when someone says cyberpunk a different sort of look and feel pops into someone's mind and look and atmosphere was a pretty big part of what Fallout3 was…

An idea like DArtagnan's for example would make for a fantastic (new) game. Just not what I imagine a lot of the Fans (me included) want to see in the Fallout Series, to be clear…

P.S Actually I'd say Downtown DC had a distinct art Deco Flavor already. So I expect if you want to give a visibly more advanced look you really would have to start looking 80ish... Hmm...

Last edited:
We need a slang term for people who are heavily biased against a game before it's even been released… :p

Preplainers? Prewhiners? Preschool? ;)

Pressimists? But I like preplainers too :)

Back
Top Bottom