Looking for a Wizard/Mage game

Another interesting game that focuses on magic is Arx Fatalis. You move your mouse over the screen in certain ways to portray runes that result in a magic spell being casted. The atmosphere and magic effects are well done imo. I'd give this one a whirl too.

Another thing is to try Ultima Online as a mage. You can build your own tower and make your own adventures. Very interesting magic spell system. You can come up with some interesting combinations and uses for each spell. Biggest variety of spells in a game imo. Easy to solo in this game.

Arx Fatalis needs the Kinect. Too hard to pull off those magic symbols with a mouse, but with actual body movements it would be a lot easier and fun.

There are quite a few player made mods for the NWN games that focus on being a mage. And I back up NOX, the wizard path is pretty cool

Grim Dawn if you play a demolitionist and/or arcanist build. Lots of blast-y magic going on with those builds.

Morrowind

Yes, Maylander has right with Morrowind! it gave me in past nice moments being a Mage and joining Mages Guild there. I would love at anytime to play it again but have no time for it atm. It can be played single or can go online if you want.
Speaking about online mode can try as recent games I liked Tera or Aion. Are not only mage character games but give a good feeling playing it and all around its a very nice view!
however for both of them need high requirements for the pc/laptop (PCU,RamMemory,Graphic card) plus huge HDD free space as a must (at least 100Gb free space in the partition used for game to be sure it will be no problem)

Back
Top Bottom