Blizzard - The Magical Inner Sanctum

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ars Technica goes on a guided tour of Blizzard's offices. These articles are normally pretty dull but Blizzard does look like a cool place to hang out:
To put it mildly: we weren't disappointed. The Blizzard campus is a magical place, completely covered with the culture of the company and the art of its games. From statues, to murals, to jokes, this is where you dreamed video games are made when you were young. The campus houses offices, a theater, a museum, a library, a gym, and of course, the games are everywhere. Let's take a look at what we saw.
Thanks, Omega!
More information.

Now, this is the difference : Game developers aren't considered as simple tools for developing tools for money increase - like EA and others do.

They treat them as humans - or so it seems to me - and their games as games, and not as tools for increase of money income.

As I always say, it's the underlying philosophy - imho - that's responsible for how things (here: games) and humans are treated.

Now I know these guys go above and beyond when crunch time is coming. But my impression is if you treat your employees great the rest of the time you will not have trouble getting their best and working crazy hours. My place of work is not remotely related to gaming, but if they had perks like Blizzard my job would be much more tolerable.

If I were younger, like every other gamer I would love to work there.

Back
Top Bottom