Venetica - German Reviews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are two Venetica reviews (both German): the first is from Gamer Network who rated the game with a disappointing 68%, claiming there is not much to do and outdated graphics.
The second is a video review from Gamona.de with a rating of 79%.

Thanks to Omega for sending in the links.​
More information.

In the dtp forums I read that the quick-access ("quickslot") bar at the bottom of the screen is kind of dynamic, which seemingly led some reviewers to the belief that it is buggy.
So, by default it isn't dynamic anymore. Which can be changed in the menu.
Source : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=13692&start=0 (It's in German language.)

The first few slots in the quick bar a tied to the weapon category. They change when you choose another weapon, which happens quite often. A very nice idea indeed.

I don't speak german, but if someone says about a RPG that graphics is outdated, then we're talking about a review that should be avoided.
No RPG was ever about graphics.

Anyway... I kinda like the video review although I didn't understand a thing. :)
I'll buy the game when it gets released in english.

Am I going to have to learn to speak German in order to play this game? Still no word on an English version?

Nope. Not yet. Bear in mind we're just getting firm dates for Divinity II and that's the same German publisher.

Okay. I'll try to wait patiently.

I didn't realize it was same publisher. I suppose if they're releasing Divinity 2 in January 2010, then they won't want to release Venetica (assuming they do) to the same audience for another few months, at least.

They say in the official forums that all native-language versions are almost ready.

Another reply revealed that Venetica was developed in English and THEN translated into German language ( ! ) - this reply was the result of someone at the forum still spotting English words within the German version.

Back
Top Bottom