RPG Codex barely talks about RPGs anymore, unless you consider Skyrim a cRPG. Why not go to 4chan?

RPG Codex barely talks about RPGs anymore, unless you consider Skyrim a cRPG. Why not go to 4chan?

So edgy bro. I've discussed KotC2 and Frayed Knights recently, and lots of other nice indy games.

But I guess your point was just to be a retard, so go on.

So edgy bro. I've discussed KotC2 and Frayed Knights recently, and lots of other nice indy games.

But I guess your point was just to be a retard, so go on.

Yeah, you're right. What are you guys at like 2 pages for each of those? Meanwhile you've got several Skyrim threads with 40+ pages :lol: Talk about deep RPG discussions!

Yeah, you're right. What are you guys at like 2 pages for each of those? Meanwhile you've got several Skyrim threads with 40+ pages :lol: Talk about deep RPG discussions!

Yeah, it's odd that things we're critical of and which more people play get more pages... I wonder why? Oh, wait, it makes perfect sense.

Fucking hell, it's down again. Get a Jew to do your coding so the damn thing runs.

Well this sucks. I bet Jews are responsible.

There is nothing wrong with rpgcodex.net!

Code:
Pinging rpgcodex.net [70.84.191.74] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 70.84.191.74: bytes=32 time=178ms TTL=50
Reply from 70.84.191.74: bytes=32 time=171ms TTL=50
Reply from 70.84.191.74: bytes=32 time=172ms TTL=50
Reply from 70.84.191.74: bytes=32 time=173ms TTL=50

From what I said in another forum about the topic in question;

Simply put, the codex is long past having any kind of significant relevancy to the total ignorance of that fact of most of the posters there. When the admin (and I use that term loosely my dealings with him he was a self important jack arse) tosses in the towel as he did it pretty much speaks volumes of the site. Another year or two and the place will be nothing but trolls and people living in the past talking about being 'old school' hating any game made after 2000... oh the racist, neonazi and spam posts.

From what I said in another forum about the topic in question;

Simply put, the codex is long past having any kind of significant relevancy to the total ignorance of that fact of most of the posters there. When the admin (and I use that term loosely my dealings with him he was a self important jack arse) tosses in the towel as he did it pretty much speaks volumes of the site. Another year or two and the place will be nothing but trolls and people living in the past talking about being 'old school' hating any game made after 2000… oh the racist, neonazi and spam posts.

I wonder if you understand for how long and how many times the above has been said...

THE CODEX IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET

I wonder if you understand for how long and how many times the above has been said…

THE CODEX IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET

It isn't "going" it is already there is my point. Has been for quite some time. This isn't news nor should be a revelation to anyone whos spent more then 5 mins on the site in the past several years. It is a mostly irrelevant site and ironically due to the vitriol it encourages totally destroys its purported main objective.

It isn't "going" it is already there is my point. Has been for quite some time. This isn't news nor should be a revelation to anyone whos spent more then 5 mins on the site in the past several years. It is a mostly irrelevant site and ironically due to the vitriol it encourages totally destroys its purported main objective.

lol (here I have to insert random stuff because RPGWatch doesn't allow the reponse your post deserves)

details plz

Not much of a story, several years ago when VD ran the site he posted some blog about Fallout that I disagreed with. I honestly do not recall the details but it was basically typical codex diatribe about how no CRPG's are good and how Fallout is the best ever, etc etc. I set him a polite email expressing my views and making several valid points about why there are some good CRPGs and living in the 90s isn't doing yourself any favors nor going to progress your goals realistically.

His reply was a vulgar laden email calling me this and that and nothing but a big block of vitriol text not even addressing my points. I replied calling him in essence a ignorant, child mentality ass clown and that was that.

But that exchange clearly showed me he had no skill of being a admin of a community, and no wonder he tossed in the towel and gave up. It was a ego trip for him, not what it should have been. Which was fostering a community to progress CRPGs in a direction they liked. It COULD have been but that time has long past and was squandered by his own short sightedness and lack of ability. Now its just a pigs den of flamebait, spam and trolling and will always be sadly.

M2C

I set him a polite email expressing my views and making several valid points about why there are some good CRPGs and living in the 90s isn't doing yourself any favors nor going to progress your goals realistically.
M2C

…do you not maybe think that those two last points, no matter how politely they're expressed, are probably going to come across as ever so slightly patronising?

'Hi, there - you don't know me, but I thought I thought I'd contact you unsolicited just to let you know that your passionately-held opinion on the best elements of a genre isn't helping you, it's hurting you, it's living in the 90s, and it's unrealistic (you silly goose, bet you're glad I came along to point all of this out to you, aren't you?). Maybe if you just gave the matter some thought you'd realise that my perspective is, in fact, objectively the correct one and you'd accomplish better things if you only did the reasonable thing and agreed with it?'

C'mon - informing someone that their preferences on a perfectly subjective topic are not only outdated, but somehow actively damaging their goals isn't how you start a friendly debate with anyone, so I'm not sure what you expected in response.

Oh, you meant VD. According to Codex lore, there was a mighty battle between VD and DownUnderlord for control of the codex, with the latter emerging victorious. He cast VD down into the pits of Iron Tower Studios where he has remained - plotting his revenge - ever since. Ironically, VD may well have shared a lot of your complaints about the site. He felt that an iron fist was necessary to keep the 4chan-spamming rabble under control, whilst the most learned minds of the Codex Workshop could share their wisdom in an orderly, peaceful environment.

Yeah, when I saw the words 'VD' and 'admin' in the same sentence I lol'd pretty hard considering the history of the place and Harlequin's complaints. Sweet, sweet irony.

Although, VD has a tendency to cause maximum butthurt so Harlequin's reponse is understandable if ultimately butthurt.

…do you not maybe think that those two last points, no matter how politely they're expressed, are probably going to come across as ever so slightly patronising?

'Hi, there - you don't know me, but I thought I thought I'd contact you unsolicited just to let you know that your passionately-held opinion on the best elements of a genre isn't helping you, it's hurting you, it's living in the 90s, and it's unrealistic (you silly goose, bet you're glad I came along to point all of this out to you, aren't you?). Maybe if you just gave the matter some thought you'd realise that my perspective is, in fact, objectively the correct one and you'd accomplish better things if you only did the reasonable thing and agreed with it?'

C'mon - informing someone that their preferences on a perfectly subjective topic are not only outdated, but somehow actively damaging their goals isn't how you start a friendly debate with anyone, so I'm not sure what you expected in response.

First, If you post a blog you SHOULD expect feedback. Unless you want so few people to read it no one cares, if that is the case what is the point of posting it in the first place?

Second, I can't recall word for word what was said. But I do recall I wasn't talking down nor the like. I simply was trying to reach out and have him see another point of view. Either case it was a polite email and even if taken in the worst possible way there was no excuse for the child tantrum like reply I received. No amount of justification you can say validates the personal attacks and swearing every other word in the reply. I did not swear or attack him in my email. Be serious and stop making excuses for a tactless ass clown.

Call me old school but I believe there is still a place for class, manners and tact online.

Back
Top Bottom