NWN2 Quick question on MP in NWN2

Neverwinter Nights 2

wolfgrimdark

Follower of Fenris Wolf
Original Sin Donor
How well does multiplayer work in the campaign? A long-distance friend of mine is really interested in doing some gaming together (outside of MMO's) and I love NWN2 and MotB so thought this might work.

Reinstalling the game now but never did the MP. I want to do the campaign with him and just curious if anyone has done it and how well it worked. Not looking for game review (I loved the official campaign) but more mechanics. Was it fairly stable? Do you get a companion still if room in the party (it would just be two of us)?

We hope to start it in a few weeks so just doing a little research.

I hosted a PW for years but only did MP on mods a few times. The only one we completed was the Pirates one but as usual I couldn't get my contacts to play with me - they kept playing parts of it on their own so there's something lost in the discovery of replay.

SoU plays pretty well MP I am told but HotU is really meant for solo. Might even break in MP.

I hosted a PW for years but only did MP on mods a few times. The only one we completed was the Pirates one but as usual I couldn't get my contacts to play with me - they kept playing parts of it on their own so there's something lost in the discovery of replay.

SoU plays pretty well MP I am told but HotU is really meant for solo. Might even break in MP.

Thanks Lucky. Although I believe SoU and HotU are from NWN1. Sadly I don't own those anymore. I am referring to NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer, Storm Over Zahir and Mysteries of Westgate (love that adventure pack).

It will just be me and my friend and we would have set times to play during the week.

Lucky Day, I think he is asking for NWN2 not the first NWN.

Anyways, from what I have seen it plays just fine. While both players can see the dialogue, only one of you will be actually selecting the choices and of course the story wont 'notice' the other guy :p

Heres few videos on youtube of 2 players playing CO OP NWN2 main campaign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mBED7ZK064&feature=channel_video_title

oops

long week of teaching and lack of coffee are hurting my brain.

Lucky Day, I think he is asking for NWN2 not the first NWN.

Anyways, from what I have seen it plays just fine. While both players can see the dialogue, only one of you will be actually selecting the choices and of course the story wont 'notice' the other guy :p

Heres few videos on youtube of 2 players playing CO OP NWN2 main campaign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mBED7ZK064&feature=channel_video_title

Ah thats something I was wondering about. Well since I have gone through the story numerous times, and he never has, I will be the sidekick this time around :)

A number of us tried NWN2 MP a few years ago and found it frustratingly BROKEN!! We gave up and switched to DDO!! :)

How well does multiplayer work in the campaign? A long-distance friend of mine is really interested in doing some gaming together (outside of MMO's) and I love NWN2 and MotB so thought this might work.

Reinstalling the game now but never did the MP. I want to do the campaign with him and just curious if anyone has done it and how well it worked. Not looking for game review (I loved the official campaign) but more mechanics. Was it fairly stable? Do you get a companion still if room in the party (it would just be two of us)?

We hope to start it in a few weeks so just doing a little research.

I played through the OC with my girlfriend. The campaign works but has some bugs. Quests that are supposed to be single character obviously become much easier, but this is no big deal.

A worse bug is how you can mess up the influence system and alignment shifts. If another player than the lead does the talking then that character will gain influence with NPCs! There is an easy workaround though, just let the host handle all conversations.

In my experience the NWN1 expansions play pretty well in MP except for cutscenes, which might hang. We worked around this by disconnecting the second player just before cutscenes.

Thanks for the update, good to know. He got the game installed but is having trouble getting it to run so working on that first :)

Back
Top Bottom