The lava pits - dumping a buggy

Praetus

Traveler
I am now on my 4th planet; the one where the empire and the free traders are having their barney. I've run into two possible problems.

1) I've been given a mission to dispose of a vehicle... by dropping it into a lava lake. This is... impossible, as far as i can tell. If you drive it, you (obviously) die. If you try to jump out, it goes into the lake... but the vehicle survives! Also, the destination only updates when the player crosses it! I assume I need a flyer to tow it, if that's even possible?

2) The flyer... I've been advised by the merchant in the Empire base that I need to take a flyer to go spy on the Base Commander (the smaller base, apparently). Where can I get a flyer from?

So far, loving the game. Can't believe PC gamer only gave it 47% (Fine, bad translation, sound issues... but it's LESS buggy than Hidden and Dangerous AND it has more freedom...)

Anyway, any help / advice would be appreciated!

1) I've been given a mission to dispose of a vehicle… by dropping it into a lava lake. This is… impossible, as far as i can tell. If you drive it, you (obviously) die. If you try to jump out, it goes into the lake… but the vehicle survives!

That's the correct solution but you need to time it right. I had to try it several times...

Ahhh, thought so. I just can't find the "sweet spot". Is there a specific part of the cliff I should aim for? tried lining up with the mission flag marker, but no joy. 15 tries so far. Other than that, it's a fun little game.

Thank you Wesp5. Also, as I haven't said this yet; your translation patch is awesome. clears up most of the inane dialogue. You did the Vampire patch as well?

Cos that made Vampires playable... which kept me sane when I was deployed :D

Back
Top Bottom